WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found this microscope. I love the zoom feature as well as the boom stand. It also has to be a stereo-microscope for 3D capability. This one has a light as well. I might spring for a trinocular if I ever want to mount a camera, but I'm not certain at the moment. 3.5x-90x magnification. Let me know what you guys think. Although it's expensive, I'll be able to see index wheel teeth no problem.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

I found this microscope. I love the zoom feature as well as the boom stand. It also has to be a stereo-microscope for 3D capability. This one has a light as well. I might spring for a trinocular if I ever want to mount a camera, but I'm not certain at the moment. 3.5x-90x magnification. Let me know what you guys think. Although it's expensive, I'll be able to see index wheel teeth no problem.
Very nice looking scope! As a Biology teacher, I used Binoc scopes lots of times but we didn't have ones of nearly this quality and features. Should do the job but perhaps a watchmaker may comment.

·
Premium Member
5,962 Posts
Would be cool if it had a camera so you could post some really clear close up pics of the index wheel. That thing fascinates me to no end (both micrscope & index wheel). :biggrin:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, in the past I took some photos by sticking my iphone 4 camera in the eye-piece, and they turned out pretty well. I took a video as well. The first time I watched the indexing mechnism move, you wouldn't believe the wave of excitement I had. SO I know exactly what you're talking about :blush:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.