WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
tracking says fedex left my watch at the front door while I was at work, and something about release on file. I never signed any release.

Guess what, no box at front door.

Now what?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
For sure, Canada Post contract drivers were doing the same thing at my place. Thank God nothing was lost but I had to go to the top to get them to stop leaving packages on the step.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Oh man, that is terrible. I have always been scared that this would someday happen to me. I'm sorry for you man. Call Fed-Ex I guess. Also call your local police department and have them do a simple lost property report.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Oh man, that is terrible. I have always been scared that this would someday happen to me. I'm sorry for you man. Call Fed-Ex I guess. Also call your local police department and have them do a simple lost property report.
No doubt, especially with a watch that is as expensive as that one.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I filed a report with the local police.
It will be hard to do anything else until monday.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Bummer. The last two USPS deliveries I received had the box left on top of my mailbox even though it would fit inside. It's like waving a red flag at any passerby saying "Hey, anyone want a free watch?"

·
Banned
927 Posts
Disputing the charge on your credit cars is another avenue to look at.

My last Sh**NBC purchase came via USPS Priority Mail From Bowling Green, KY (65 miles north of here) and was left in a plastic bag hanging from my mailbox flag in front of the house. YIKES!!!!!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I know that here in Canada FedEx, Purolator etc. as well as Canada Post are supposed to leave delivery notices. Canada Post uses contract drivers to deliver parcels. I have had 2 pairs of Oakley Sunglasses, several watches and a harmony remote just left on my front step in plain view. It was like a regular shopping mall at my front door, it took 7 complaints to Canada Post to get it rectified. These guys are just too lazy to write up the delivery notice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fedex is not responcible becasue ShopNBC ships the watch without a signature required. I too bought the $1199 Meteorite Pro Diver and was really suprised to find that Fedex just left it under my mailbox with no signature required. I do not think Fedex would insure a package with no signature so ShopNBC will be responcible, I would call their customer service and demand another one.

I just got a OG Meteorite yesterday and Fedex left this one outside my building(I live in a security condo complex) under the mailboxes. At least the Pro Diver was left at my front door.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ShopNBC is telling me that -I- have a signature release on file with FedEx which is rediculous. I have no such thing. What's up with that?

Fedex is not responcible becasue ShopNBC ships the watch without a signature required. I too bought the $1199 Meteorite Pro Diver and was really suprised to find that Fedex just left it under my mailbox with no signature required. I do not think Fedex would insure a package with no signature so ShopNBC will be responcible, I would call their customer service and demand another one.

I just got a OG Meteorite yesterday and Fedex left this one outside my building(I live in a security condo complex) under the mailboxes. At least the Pro Diver was left at my front door.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Man Pete, I can't tell you how bad I feel for you. I know what I would be like if it was me. I am sure that things will work out in your favor. They lose stuff all the time, they can't get away with not covering lost items.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ShopNBC is telling me that -I- have a signature release on file with FedEx which is rediculous. I have no such thing. What's up with that?
I never heard of having a signature on file, I know I never signed anything with Fed Ex and they have left the last 5 watches I have bought from ShopNBC and non required a signature

The one I got yesterday said something like "No signature required" right on the label. I wish I would have kept the box but I do not have it to confirm exactly what it said

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never heard of having a signature on file, I know I never signed anything with Fed Ex and they have left the last 5 watches I have bought from ShopNBC and non required a signature

The one I got yesterday said something like "No signature required" right on the label. I wish I would have kept the box but I do not have it to confirm exactly what it said
Yeah,
I am sure it is the standard run around. I am giving them the opportunity to correct the problem before I call the bank. I have a track record with ordering, receiving, and paying. I don't think they have a leg to stand on.
In the past I have been home when the package came, but that was just dumb luck. I was at work this time.

I appreciate the sympathy. I am a bit stressed as you can well imagine.

-Pete

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have had ups do this to me 4 times the 4th time we got the package the next day but it took some calling. they deliver to wrong house then the neighbors take it. if you called right a way they should ask the driver where it was left and the should call you to tell you which house has it

but ups always pays for it they say it is there responsibility because they left it there you shouldn't hve to loose any money over it

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pete, I'm real sorry this type of thing happened to you. I hope you get your watch very very soon.

The delivery guy always leaves my watch(s) inside my mailbox.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah,

I appreciate the sympathy. I am a bit stressed as you can well imagine.

-Pete
I am loosing sleep over this for you because I have the same watch and would have freaked it it hapened to me, not to mention now whenever I order from ShopNBC I am going to have to pay for Express shipping so I can make sure I am going to have them require a signature.

I feel terrible that this would happen to a fellow collector.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts