WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks stratct! I had no Internet for a few weeks, and then work plus the silly season made it hard to be on much.

And I'm loving my new Perrelet! I bought it per-loved a couple of weeks ago and my lovely bride snaffled it for her to give me as my Christmas present! I'll do a proper incoming post (along with my new Lum-Tec 500M) in the next few days.

·
Registered
59 Posts
>>Anyone else have a horological day?<<
Yes, not enough *time* in the last few days before Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Wombat!

Merry Christmas one and all!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. May your holidays be filled with family, friends, joy, and of course WATCHES!

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Merry Christmas! Love that Perrelet!!

No watches for me, but I did receive some watch-related stuff.

In addition to a subscription to 'Watch Time' magazine and a few gift certificates, I also received the following:

Portable watch repair kit and the Blitz watch care kit.

Really glad to have this book, seems like a wonderful reference.

I put this Omega mesh immediately on my Seamaster non-AC. I'll have pictures tomorrow, hopefully. The strap case is amazing; rigid and padded and it's already half-full!:laugh:

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Merry Christmas! Love that Perrelet!!
Thanks Tommy, I'm really happy with it. I'll post up more pics and details soon.

Really glad to have this book, seems like a wonderful reference.

That's a great book, I really enjoyed it. A good history of watches, and of many of the important brands. I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was supposed to have my first incoming today (well, officially today....it should have arrived a while ago) however, Mid-November purchase date, and still no arrival. Instead of my first incoming, I have my first Paypal claim. Merry Christmas!! lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
No watches, but I did get a Brookstone jewelry cleaner; works with simple tap water.

My Omega had been cleaned since I got it (over a year and a half ago), and it was funked up pretty good. A few minutes in the cleaner and, presto, nice and clean!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Are you sure your watch was safe to put in an ultrasonic cleaner?

There's a guy on another forum who ruined 2 quartz TAGs doing the same thing ...

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Are you sure your watch was safe to put in an ultrasonic cleaner?

There's a guy on another forum who ruined 2 quartz TAGs doing the same thing ...
I was told never to put a watch in a ultrasonic cleaner. Just the bracelet and case only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts