WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past summer I traveled and did research at several major archives here in the Southern U.S. I have a lot of very fond memories from that time such as meeting new friends and colleagues, discovering new "history," and spending time with my recently deceased father. It was a great summer.

One of the tools I used to record my research was a digital camera. While sifting through a mountain of data this afternoon I discovered a couple of snapshots of my brand new Invicta 8926 lodged in between archival photos. I remember taking the pics like it was yesterday. With people all around me, I tried to be as inconspicuous as possible. I put up boxes around my table to block the field of view from onlookers so they couldn't tell what I was doing. Probably wasted an hour snapping a few pictures. It was great, I thought my first automatic watch was the coolest thing when I got it. Made me smile this afternoon.:biggrin:

These were photographed in the Wake Forrest University Archives.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Cool. You can always tell when pics are taken at a University or Upscale library. The wood grain tables are always the same!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I like looking at some of my watch photos, looking at the background in particular. I can see what was on my desk, what was on my monitor, where I was living. Memory is contextual, seeing things can bring back memories, although scent is the sense most closely tied to memory.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Very nice, revo. I remember the day that I got my first Invicta, an 8928. It was waiting for me when I got home, and being the noob that I was, had no way of sizing the bracelet. But we had a kids event to go to, so I made do with the long bracelet and wore it. I was so in love that day!:001_wub:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts