WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought of starting a new thread in the archive and resource section which would take in various tips, recommendations and suggestions by members. It need not be confined to watch care of course. Anything useful may be considered for archiving so that in time it will form long helpful resource for members.

Members coming across an item here who wish to add to the various threads may do so by simply clicking on the link pertaining to the respective items. The updated posts will of course bump the original thread to which suggestions may be added. Useful tips will be copied into the archive here by admins of the OMEGA Forum since the resource section is " Read Only ".

Please however note that any helpful advice is given and presented here in good faith. Neither WTF nor any member may be held liable for any misadventure arising from the observation and practice of the suggestions offered.

Enjoy OMEGALand my friends

ZIN

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Refreshing Bracelets

This thread was started by Terry Diver on December 1 2007, the opening of our New WTF

http://watchtalkforums.info/forums/showthread.php?t=119

Members' suggestions as follows -

FERGIE on December 3 2007

If you have the time, patience and a dremmel, check out Mason Allerbys superb picture tutorial on refinishing a Bond bracelet. You'll have to go over to TZ and just do a search on his name, then click the link in his signature.
For simple scratches on the clasp, a yellow/green washing up sponge works fine. I have however discovered on on these. It is a sponge that has two very fine grades on it and works perfectly. They can be bought relatively cheaply from major DIY places. Just ensure you cover any polished areas with Sellotape / Scotchtape or masking tape.

Just one other tip. When cleaning your bracelet, especially in the Summer, use antibacterial liquid hand soap on a toothbrush. It will kill all those nasty germs (no I don't have OCD!) that cause smelly wrist syndrome.

XPAT on December 5 2007

I recommend CrystalClear Pro Brushed Satin. I picked it up from one of the forum sponsors and it works great.

I've only used it once on a titanium bracelet from my Junkers chrono and it took the bracelet from trashed to 95% with little effort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts