WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a watch which you have a particular remorse in selling or trading in over the years?

Mine is below..

My 1016 beater..had it for almost ten years..traded up to another 1016..
This watch survived sports car racing to skin diving in Florida.. stood by me in many craze days and nights, kept excellent time, and witnessed many a girlfriend.
:T

Arthur

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Do you have a watch which you have a particular remorse in selling or trading in over the years?

Mine is below..

My 1016 beater..had it for almost ten years..traded up to another 1016..
This watch survived sports car racing to skin diving in Florida.. stood by me in many craze days and nights, kept excellent time, and witnessed many a girlfriend.
:T

Arthur

Vintage Explorers are neat!!! Sorta like an Airking with a little more going for it. Alot of groaning when they changed them recently. Alot of people don't like the larger case and "short" minute hand.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
That's a sweet watch Arthur. I guess trading it in was a good idea at the time but not now, huh?

I wouldn't mind owning my Tiffany's Mark Coupe again, or it's replacement the Blancpain Villeret - that is, if I didn't replace that with the AP caliber 2120.

The Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece 7108 was a cool watch too, and if the crown was a little less pointy or the whole watch was 38 mm rather than 40 mm I would have kept it..... and that would have prevented me from acquiring the VC Malte Grande.

The '68 Seamaster chronograph 321 was a very cool watch, but if it hadn't moved on the Seamaster pie pan would not have joined the collection.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
you have excellent taste.. Arthur
Thanks Arthur. I just realized that while the Tiffany's was the best looking of the 3 in that portion, it had the most generic movement (ETA 2892-A2). The Blancpain was a little less snazzy (maybe we should call it a Blancplain? :laugh:), but had a much nicer Piguet caliber 21. The simplest appearance of the 3 is the AP reference 5279 - but it's an inverse proportion between looks and quality because it's by far the least common and the caliber K2120 is head & shoulders above the other two movements combined.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I regret selling my Sinn U1 SDR. No particular reason other than it was a great watch, and I miss having a watch that I felt could take anything I threw at it.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have given away some of my lesser watches, which I do not regret.

However, I have never flipped, sold, or traded any of my Rolex watches and I never shall, so unless I miss these watches in the afterlife, I expect to have no regrets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts