WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
Not real confident about the authenticity of that watch. You might want to send an e-mail to Maurice Lacroix and ask them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the same

Not real confident about the authenticity of that watch. You might want to send an e-mail to Maurice Lacroix and ask them.
It appears to be an early version of "Les Mecaniques" collection with a Valjoux7750...wonder if it`s worth spending 650 euros on it...

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
I'm familiar with the Les Mecaniques models from the late 90's and the whole Masterpiece line. Yes, that dial has many things in common with a few authentic ML's from that series but the only ML's with Valjoux 7750's that come up when searched are Asian replicas. Genuine ML Les Mecaniques used the AS5008 and ETA movements with DD modules when making automatics, and the only V7750 powered the Chronograph / Reserve de Marche references 30.585 (two tone) and 30.586 (stainless). And on that watch the 12 hour register was replaced with a power reserve indicator, which was located between the pinion and 12:00.

Again, send an e-mail to Maurice Lacroix and ask them directly. I hope it is real, but wouldn't bet on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx

I'm familiar with the Les Mecaniques models from the late 90's and the whole Masterpiece line. Yes, that dial has many things in common with a few authentic ML's from that series but the only ML's with Valjoux 7750's that come up when searched are Asian replicas. Genuine ML Les Mecaniques used the AS5008 and ETA movements with DD modules when making automatics, and the only V7750 powered the Chronograph / Reserve de Marche references 30.585 (two tone) and 30.586 (stainless). And on that watch the 12 hour register was replaced with a power reserve indicator, which was located between the pinion and 12:00.

Again, send an e-mail to Maurice Lacroix and ask them directly. I hope it is real, but wouldn't bet on it.
I`ll take your kind advice and try to contact the ML people...somehow I can`t open their contact page but I`ll keep on trying...Thanks again for your good advice

·
Super Moderator
15,657 Posts
ML contact info

If you're trying to use that screwy interactive site map thing, don't bother. Just look for the (hard-to-see) gray word "CONTACT" on the very bottom of the page and click on that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still

Found on the german ebay this "Les Mecaniques" ML which is a few reference numbers appart(03274) from the one I presented(03271) ; of course it has another dial but otherways it`s identical, even the bottom ingraving is identical...

Maurice Lacroix Herrenuhr Chronograph mit Valjoux 7750 SWISS MADE Automatic | eBay

If I try to open the "Contact" linkon the site of ML, it`s directing me to the dealer of ML in Europe, Romania (where I live) and though I`ve sent them an e-mail, they don`t seen to bother to repond yet...or they are so amateur that they don`t know! Maybe I`ll try the contact from Swiss.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts

That is the closest model I can find from the masterpiece history website.
That is the ML15 Chronographe Flyback.

This watch is not authentic I fear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts