WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've never heard about the brand before (then again I'm not a big watch dork - YET :biggrin:) but I've spotted one of these on my colleague's wrist yesterday and I really like the look of it. I did some research and after reading https://timepieceking.info/mathey-tissot-review/ I think like I'd like to give it a go, particularly the Rolly III model which seems to be the most budget friendly. Jomashop in US has it for under $100 and Amazon too but I'm not a big fan of Amazon as I think it's full of fakes.

Has anyone on here owned any of their watches? Are they okay? Or does the low price also mean **** quality?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts
I don't own a Matthey-Tissot so I can't vouch for quality. But I haven't heard or read anything even remotely bad about the brand. And it seems to me that a company doesn't last for over 160 years by putting out an inferior product.
That review stated that M-T watches are entry-level products. And they are no different than shoes, knives, home appliances, or cars. There is nothing wrong with the brand...just don't expect miracles.
Just like a Kia isn't in the class of an Omega, a M-T isn't in the same league as a Blancpain. But generations have sworn by Matthey-Tissot, so I'd say go ahead, trust your instinct, (and as we are currently fond of saying): go ahead - pull the trigger on one!

Reactions: DBwonder

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys.

In general, is Amazon a fairly safe place to buy watches or should I look elsewhere? I already have 2 MT watches in mind now :thumbup1:

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts
I have purchased 4 watches on 4 different occasions from 4 different vendors . My most recent was a Casio A-T (Atomic Time) Skyhawk. All sales were from companies and not individual persons. I've had no bad issues with any vendor. My only issue with Amazon, BTW, was 2 months ago when a (washable Corona virus mask) got lost-in-transit.
If I weren't on a fixed income, I would not hesitate to use Amazon again!

Reactions: SFwatchGuy

·
Registered
Oreint-Kamasu, Zodiac-Grandhydra, Seiko-SKX, Reactor-Poseidon and Neutron, Mathey-Tissot Vintage
1 Posts
This is an older post, but I wanted to provide my input since I do own a Mathey-Tissot. I have the Mathey-Tissot Rolly Vintage Automatic Green Dial. H900ATV. Selling now for around $299. I paid around $250 a couple of years ago. Nice auto for the money. The 40mm case is nice and only 12mm thick for a dive watch. Sapphire coated domed crystal with display back case. It feels very nice on wrist and I have no issues with the Sellita Cal SW 200-1 movement. I have 3 cons for this watch though. 1. the crystal has a little too much glare. 2. The bezel is not very easy to grab to turn. This is good in that it won't wander off with any bumps, but it is thin and hard to get a good grip. 3. I wish there were applied indices as these just seem underwhelming. Overall, I am very happy with Mathey-Tissot. Good looking, doesn't scratch easily, keeps great time, love the display back, and it has a great feel that curves nicely on the wrist. I would recommend, but shop around for the best price.

Mathey-Tissot H900ATV.jpg
Mathey-Tissot H900ATV back.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts