WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have any info on this watch, please let me know. I cant find anything about the vintage or the watch. The watch has approx 2.75 carats of diamonds, and the case and band are iridium/platinum. There appears to be the initials JHF in the logo inside the case.

Thanks from a newbie!

·
Banned
3,656 Posts
Not much I could trace. marvin made watches. This watch in my opinion is worth the value of the diamonds and platnium case

Adam

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
the movement is a.sheilds 976 very common.Marvin is listed as a manufacturer but they did not make thier own mov'ts. the JHF is the contract case maker

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for all of the info. The watch runs - so I did OK for $475.00! Anyone have any idea as to the era of the watch? FYI as you may be able to tell from the scans, the diamonds have a modern cut with the larger table, not the old miner's or European cut, so that may help date it?

·
Registered
173 Posts
1919, Marcel Tolkowsky created the "modern" round brilliant. Before that, standard diamond cuts date back to the 17th century (step cut). The deeper (miners cut) was well used into the mid 60's. I would not go on diamond cut for this one...:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have any info on this watch, please let me know. I cant find anything about the vintage or the watch. The watch has approx 2.75 carats of diamonds, and the case and band are iridium/platinum. There appears to be the initials JHF in the logo inside the case.

Thanks from a newbie!

Would you mind if I posted your pics on our Facebook Collectors page at Marvin Watch Collectors | Facebook - I'm sure it would be helpful to many other folks. Thanks :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem, of course you can post the pics there. I will join the group as well. I will also try to get some decent pictures!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts