WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,780 Posts
What truly makes you happy should ALWAYS be the #1 consideration. You're gonna be the one wearing it- not us.

I went to their website and Marvin looks to be okay, and they use great movements, but their models IMHO are a little on the pricey side. I would not spend $1k-1.2k on a steel watch with the Sellita SW200 (the M108) when i can get a Reserve Pro Diver for only $300- 400. I work too hard for my money.

I would consider a Marvin if I could get a healthy discount from an AD or through amazon.

·
Registered
751 Posts
what is up with the advertisements in the posts? i got some crap about working at home. highlighting the underlined words displayed more advertisements. apparently this happened before i logged in. after logging in the advertisements did not show up.

is this the same marvin watch from the old days? they had some cool watches back in the day especially the one that had the curve body that followed the curvature of the wrist so the dial was on the thumb side edge.

·
Super Moderator
15,780 Posts
Nope- it's VERY different. According to the Marvin website the licensing rights to the company were bought by an Italian corporation back in 1970. Then a while later it became independent. Apparently Marvin is now in it's 3rd. incarnation!

·
Registered
751 Posts
hey comethunter--were you out last night looking at saturn? it is giving us quite the show so says those with big boy telescopes.

·
Super Moderator
15,780 Posts
I'm concentrating on Venus right now...very obvious in the west @ sunset.
Without the aid of a CCD camera hooked-up to a telescope, saturn is just a small circle with 2 "ears". You'd need a good imagination in order to tell that those ears are actually it's ring.
Forget those glorious photos you see in the glossy magazines!!!
This is what I see through this...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm concentrating on Venus right now...very obvious in the west @ sunset.
Without the aid of a CCD camera hooked-up to a telescope, saturn is just a small circle with 2 "ears". You'd need a good imagination in order to tell that those ears are actually it's ring.
Forget those glorious photos you see in the glossy magazines!!!
This is what I see through this...

thank you...this was quite enlightening

though you, it appears, have a whole lot more of "that white stuff" than we do up here in the great white north, land of polar bears and igloos. :cool1:

·
Super Moderator
15,780 Posts
thank you...this was quite enlightening

though you, it appears, have a whole lot more of "that white stuff" than we do up here in the great white north, land of polar bears and igloos. :cool1:
Appearances can be deceiving. That is one of my "stash" photos I keep in Photobucket for occasions such as this. It was made last december when I was taking a wristshot of my just-delivered Ball Fireman II. I suppose I could replace it with a nice warm weather shot! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts