WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent software "fix", every thread is now showing up as unread for me.

Is there a way to have a button to "Mark As Read" those threads, or entire areas, that we don't wish to go back and open just so they don't show up as unread? I'm on at least one other forum that uses this option.

Just wondrin'...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just go up to the top of the page under "Quick Links". In the drop down choose mark forums read.

Dave

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just go up to the top of the page under "Quick Links". In the drop down choose mark forums read.

Dave

Yep, that pretty much did it; thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I did click "Mark Forums Read", but I still have to refresh my page to have them show as read. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

I should note that I have a back button on my mouse that I use instead of clicking the links at the top of the page.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Grady... I've discovered that when you use your browser's back button it doesn't work. Or at least not immediately. I always go to the top and click on the the current discussion link instead to back up. That seems to work better. Perhaps some mods have a better answer as to the why's and wherefors.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
You're probably right. When you use the back button on the browser, the page is loaded from the temporary files, rather than reloaded from the site. There's a way to turn off that feature somewhere, probably in Internet Options, but it's probably not worth doing for all the other inconveniences it might cause.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts