WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's watch wound down over the long weekend so before heading out, she turned the crown to wind it and it didn't start up. She handed it to me and the crown turned far to easily. I flipped it over to watch the rotor spin freely where before it wouldn't. Watch repair is obviously closed so I'll have to call. Roughly for a lube/clean and say mainspring replacement, any ideas what the bill will be?

·
Super Moderator
16,892 Posts
Not really.
(A) There are no standardized rates for these things.
(B) A vintage watch may be more expensive than a newer one because of the difficulty in locating replacement part(s). The costs vary from region to region, and even from shop to shop in the same city.
(C) A repeat customer is going to get a better deal than a 'cold walk-in' customer.
(D) Mainsprings do break, but it happens less often than the general public thinks. It could just be something that worked itself loose.
Until we have more information, it could be as low as $150 or up around $400...assuming a repair is, in fact, needed along with cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.