WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Love them. I own two!

Dion, the owner, is great to deal with, the prices are fantastic, shipping is quick and the quality it top rate.

The leather straps are super plush, the attention to detail is second to none and the watches are understated, yet elegant.

Cannot say enough good about these guys and the product.

Light reading:

Thread one
Thread two - I own the bronze one and the black Regatare

Reactions: Mr Rick

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking about getting the bronze one.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I am thinking about getting the bronze one.
Do it - they are limited production and beautiful to look at and wear. ;) Each watch aquires a patina of it's own, further individualizing them.

...and they are a bargain at the current pricing!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got a Bronze watch about 2 months ago. I love it, the patina that has developed is awesome. One of the best features of the watch is the strap that came with it. I immediately took it off the Magrette, since it is black. I put it on my Lum-tec. The strap is fantastic, very very soft leather. I bought a C&B strap for it.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
I owned the Magrette Moana Pacific Diver and was very happy with it. A dive watch with a touch of retro about it. Well made, good company. I would recommed them. :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Incredibly handsome for a modern watch. And I don't say that very often! It's also towards the top of my Wish List.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Somehow because I'm from the same place these watches are designed, I feel I should have one of my own. I love the Moana Pacific, but have so many dive watches I just can't justify the cost of another decent one. (yeah sure, how many times have I told myself that....?). Maybe when Wombat's tired of his, he'll give me a call :001_tt1: :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Love them. I own two!

Dion, the owner, is great to deal with, the prices are fantastic, shipping is quick and the quality it top rate.

The leather straps are super plush, the attention to detail is second to none and the watches are understated, yet elegant.

Cannot say enough good about these guys and the product.

Light reading:

Thread one
Thread two - I own the bronze one and the black Regatare

+1

I own two also.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Somehow because I'm from the same place these watches are designed, I feel I should have one of my own. I love the Moana Pacific, but have so many dive watches I just can't justify the cost of another decent one. (yeah sure, how many times have I told myself that....?). Maybe when Wombat's tired of his, he'll give me a call :001_tt1: :thumbup1:
:blushing: Too late. Went to another member here on the forum after a chat about them earlier in the year.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Finally picking up a Bronze Regattare in the next batch. Really excited to receive it.
Congrats!

You. Will. Love. It.

Now, when you swap straps, post a picture so I can decide what to buy for my own bronzie... ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Will do! We definitely sell a lot of our Chevlon straps for the bronze Regattare, I know that.
Ah, but it must have a bronze buckle to match. ;) One would only be ridiculed if one mismatched one's case and buckle... :scared:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Bronze buckles can be bought here! Bronze Buckles | Olivier Watches

We looked into getting our own bronze buckles, but our suppliers wouldn't do solid bronze, only bronze plating. I have a feeling it wouldn't patina properly.
Good call on skipping the plating. I see bronzies are fickle beasts that like to be fussed. :) Good thing I like to fuss...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I really love this watch but the lack of a second hand would prevent me from buying it, not that I need the second hand I just believe it looks strange without one. A bronze buckle should also have been the standard buckle or at least been sold with both a stainless and a bronze.

The Moana Pacific is just an awesome looking watch and would be on my wish list closely followed by the stainless Regattere.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just made an order of the Regattare 2011 :001_smile:
Now it's just a long wait to get the clock to Sweden .. 1 month maybe?

/ Per

1 - 20 of 42 Posts