WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is my opinion, and my opinion only.

CHASE-DURER WARHAWK MECHANICAL

Swiss made, precision 17 jewel Unitas 6497 mechanical movement.
18,000 vph. 44 hour power reserve. Solid titanium case. Super-LumiNova advanced illumination system on hands. Dome & double curved K1 crystal with anti-reflective coating.
WWII vintage-style leather band. Water resistant to 330ft/100m. Diameter 50mm,
thickness 18mm, wt 4.5oz. Also available with burgundy dial. Serial numbered. 2 year international warranty.

I've always wanted a vintage-style pilot watch and thanks to my family, I've now got one. I took the photos quickly, so don't expect the greatest shots.

To tell you the truth, I was a bit skeptical about this watch. It's huge (50mm), Titanium, and has a enormous K1 Domed crystal with anti-reflective coating on it. The crystal almost looks like a camera lens, I'm not the biggest fan of titanium (scratches), and thought to myself, 'Why do you want this? You have a Russian Diver. That's big enough.'

I was ready to really scrutinize this watch and thought I probably would send it back. However, I've been wearing it now for a day and I must say it's VERY comfortable. It comes in a nice wooden lacquered box which doesn't impress me since I'm buying a watch, not the box it came in. I think for the most part, us WIS's appreciate a nice box, but don't really need it since we have so many watches. The general public appreciate it since they store it in there.

Nice pilot watch homage to IWC's Big Pilot Watch only BIGGER! 50mm

The dial is very large and easy to read and the crown is large and very nice to wind that Unitas 6497 movement. I'm a big fan of that movement and have three watches with it that work flawlessly.

Back of watch engraved with logo.

The Huge domed K1 Crystal with Anti-Reflective Coating is the only part that makes me hesitant. It's so large that they had to go with a curved crystal and coat it with ARC. A K1 Crystal falls between mineral and sapphire in hardness. As I understand, Chase-Durer wanted to keep it as close to the era as possible.

It comes with a long and soft vintage-style Leather strap with screws that keep the strap closed. The buckle tang is on the inside strap and an outer strap covers the buckle. It's the first time I've seen this configuration. The strap is really comfortable and soft. So much so that I don't know how well it will hold up for the long run.

Comfortable on the wrist despite it's size. Titanium makes it ultra-light.

Size difference is considerable compared to another flight icon, the Omega Speedmaster Professional, but being it's made of Titanium, it doesn't feel like it's size at all. My Invicta Russian Diver FEELS like a 50mm watch, this doesn't.

CONCLUSION
I thought I was going to send this back, but after wearing it for a day and getting used to it, I've grown to love it. It's a keeper.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts