WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Interesting... my '67 Astronaut came with a completely different box. Wonder how many different boxsets there were.

Great looking watches, and while I prefer the bullet band, the coffin is nice too! I'm going to keep an eye out for one!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The display box question is indeed a puzzle. One resource is the Martin Marcus web site The Accutron Place. He has a section in the Accutron Galleries on display boxes.
Interesting... my '67 Astronaut came with a completely different box. Wonder how many different boxsets there were.

Great looking watches, and while I prefer the bullet band, the coffin is nice too! I'm going to keep an eye out for one!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I would definitely not have expected Bulova to put that watch in those boxes. I don't know the history of the watches but I do know sellers will sometimes place watches in boxes they have around and claim them to be in original boxes.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
That box style was actually used in the late '60s so who knows! I use that box style for my '70s 218s and go back to the '60s padded boxes for my 214s. I do have a few Accutrons that definitely have their original boxes - mine, my wife's and a couple others that absolutely were NOS in original boxes. My Accuquartz watches may be the only ones not in period correct boxes. Not even certain about that, though. Boxes that actually have "Accuquartz" on them are quite rare. I have only seen one or two in the past couple years. All mine are in either silver striped top or padded top plastic boxes that say "Accutron Quartz". Those I can find periodically and, if they are not quite correct, will have to do. All my Ladies watches are in correct style boxes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.