WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have pics from our dial shop of the first M61 - M 62 dial samples. These were done on CNC so the edges are slightly rounded. This method allows for larger openings that hold more lume. We may do them this way or with laser as originally planned. We have to try luming them first to see how they come out. Also a few different colors were done for future models...

·
Registered
482 Posts
The blue color dial turns out really good for the M61-62. Noticed a silver, black and gunmetal "sandwich" as well. Is it a Matt black or sunburst black dial?

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The blue color dial turns out really good for the M61-62. Noticed a silver, black and gunmetal "sandwich" as well. Is it a Matt black or sunburst black dial?
The silver one was a mistake actually. Its supposed to be white sunray and we ware going to do dark gray lume :) One is matte black.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow!! I just love Lum-Tec :)

The blue looks awesome, I'm lOoking forward to my M61 even more now :)
That last one, dark grey sunburst is top notch and I'd agree it's look awesome on the bronze case!!
Anyone can photoshop that pls?? ;-)

·
Registered
482 Posts
The silver one was a mistake actually. Its supposed to be white sunray and we ware going to do dark gray lume :) One is matte black.
White Sunray dial with dark gray lume sounds interesting. Guess these new dials should be meant for 2013. :T

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
White Sunray dial with dark gray lume sounds interesting. Guess these new dials should be meant for 2013. :T
Well we had to order a boatload of dials to get these done so we made some other colors for future models to take up the extra units. I think the white sunray will be super cool. I have no idea how they ended up doing silver. Its not even slightly white. lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The blue dials look fantastic as expected! The gunmetal one is VERY intriguing too... I would love that in a tungsten case with the red M27 hands. Great work as always Chris!

·
Registered
44 Posts
So there is a matte black auto coming in the future? Will this feature the light absorbing material that didn't work out with the last run of M Autos?

They look promising!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have no idea how they ended up doing silver. Its not even slightly white
But it looks very nice though.

I also like the black one. Maybe something for the Cobalt Chromium watch ? :wink:
Maybe even silver looks fine. But it may over do the Cobalt Chromium. on the other hand ... maybe i'm wrong on that.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So there is a matte black auto coming in the future? Will this feature the light absorbing material that didn't work out with the last run of M Autos?

They look promising!
I am not going to say yes yet but i will say we are working on that :) with hand applied lume it may work.

·
Registered
20,795 Posts
Very nice! The blue looks perfect. :thumbup1:

I too really like the dark gray version. Looks outstanding. That dial in a PVD case would be one killer looking watch! :thumbup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
The blue dials look fantastic as expected! The gunmetal one is VERY intriguing too... I would love that in a tungsten case with the red M27 hands. Great work as always Chris!
That color is close to the color of my meteorite dials! :001_tt1:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am not going to say yes yet but i will say we are working on that :) with hand applied lume it may work.
Would it be possible to apply a "primer" to the lume-eating matte black, upon which to paint the lume? I'm not talking about the whole dial, just put a layer of insulator down, which doesn't react to the coating. Then put the lume on top of that...:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
We have pics from our dial shop of the first M61 - M 62 dial samples. These were done on CNC so the edges are slightly rounded. This method allows for larger openings that hold more lume. We may do them this way or with laser as originally planned. We have to try luming them first to see how they come out. Also a few different colors were done for future models...

Wow that L.E. blue looks crazy good Chris.

Personally I like the razor sharp looks of the laser cut openings better than these slightly rounded CNC edges.
How this would allow for larger openings is beyond my knowledge, I would say you can program the laser cutting machine to cut about any size opening you would want?

Looking forward to seeing some of these dials filled with lume...

And yes, the grey/gunmetal color is a real stunner, that one deserves a watch to be made around it!!

What I like less is the fairly large 300 meters text, is that really needed on a dial?
For me it isn't... 'Automatic' isn't either but OK one line of text on the bottom half is just about fancy enough.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts