1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for sharing!! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Is that bracelet fully attached to the bottom set of lugs? That's a huge gap... I haven't mounted my M22 on the tungsten bracelet is quite some time, but I'm almost positive it was a tighter fit than that.

Don't want the bracelet to suddenly become unattached from the watch head and have it drop on the ground or something, especially considering this is tungsten carbide.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That looks great. Such a clean look on the watch face. I also like how these got the larger window on the display back. The addition of the "badge" on the box looks cool too. I like the fact that Lum-Tec continues to evolve and never stops improving on an already great product.

These pictures are giving me the itch to go mount the bracelet on my M25 again.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The bracelet is securely attached. The gap will be less on a larger wrist, as it will hinge more toward the case.
The bracelet is NOT securely attached like this. Smaller or larger wrist size shouldn't matter.
The end link should be sitting virtually play-free against the case.

Thanks to your picture, it is clear your bracelet is not properly mounted.
I would take Andrew's and now my warning seriously or you will soon either loose or damage that beautiful watch.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The bracelet is securely attached. The gap will be less on a larger wrist, as it will hinge more toward the case.
Nope, that end link is not attached correctly. There should be zero gap no matter what size wrist you have.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Nope, that end link is not attached correctly. There should be zero gap no matter what size wrist you have.
Agreed. That's my experience with all the tungsten watches I've owned. I don't have any basis to think there's been a major redesign with the M52.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I understand the apprehension and it could potentially be problematic.
However, I just examined the gap more closely. The mounted springbar is arched to the same degree as the watchcase. It is securely attached nonetheless. I applied considerable force in every direction and the bracelet doesn't come off. For me, it's a minor cosmetic deviation, and am confident the watch won't fall apart.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I understand the apprehension and it could potentially be problematic.
However, I just examined the gap more closely. The mounted springbar is arched to the same degree as the watchcase. It is securely attached nonetheless. I applied considerable force in every direction and the bracelet doesn't come off. For me, it's a minor cosmetic deviation, and am confident the watch won't fall apart.
There should be no arch in your spring bar. I can see the bent tips on the spring bars in your photo of the caseback. It won't be long before that fails.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I see. As the bracelet was mounted by Lum-Tec staff before shipping, it would seem quality control leaves something to be desired. As I don't feel like shipping the watch back from The Netherlands, I'll think about mounting a leather strap just to be safe.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.