WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really happy to get this guy late last week:

Anyone have tips for taking better pictures?

I've decided on the rubber strap, it's so malleable and there's a notch which fits just right. The leather strap is nice too for dressing it up a bit. I admit I haven't gotten the stainless bracelet on it yet, I tried a couple times but don't have the heart to get rough with it just yet. Almost like one end of the springbar clicks in place and the other pops out. Kind of frustrating, but I've never actually changed many before so not a big deal. I'm amazed at how well my wrist took the 44mm case, it's impressive yet not dominating. It is, from my perspective, the "correct" size for a watch. Lume is great, very vibrant. I was still able to read it at 2 in the morning after 4 hours on my nightstand (faint, but still luminous), which is much more than I expected.

Only downside is the wood box it came it had a split down the edge by the hinge. Not really a big deal as it still closes fine, more of a cosmetic thing. What can I say, poor watch had a long way to travel!

Seems to be holding time very well, too. Since I set it last Friday it's still showing the same time as the clock I used to set it with so I'm gonna go ahead and say it's plenty accurate for my needs.

Loving my new Lum-Tec!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats! I really like the two different colours of lume on this watch and my M41.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Hey, Mike, welcome to WTF and the Lum-Tec forums, man.

Great looking watch. Love the black and orange, plus dual-lume. Excellent choice.

Your picture isn't half bad, really. The only tip I can give you is to try to get as much natural light on the subject as you can. Taking pictures of watches and straps is fiendishly difficult. My best successes have been out in my shop with a 300 watt lightbulb, overhead, and an adjustable ring-light fluorescent aimed at the watch from the side to fill the shadows. Keep experimenting, and you will get better and better. I am not a good photographer, but it might help you to shoot some pics of your watch outside, mid-morning or later in the afternoon. Avoid the hour before and aftter noon, as the light is too harsh! Good luck!:thumbup1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts