WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canada Post made an attempt to deliver my new M30 this Monday but unfortunately I was not home. I had to wait 24 hours and I finally picked it up at the post office on Tuesday after work. I have owned and worn this watch for three days, and I am a happy man.

Amongst other watches, I own two Omega Seamasters and one Speedmaster (the Day-Date version) and have always been a big fan of automatic watches. I found Lum Tec by chance when I was researching for a "miltary" watch for day-to-day office wear. As a matter of fact, I stumbled on this brand right here at Watch Talk Forums.

I checked out the Lum Tec site and it was love at first sight. All thoughts of MTM, Traser, Marathon instantly vanished from my head.

Without dispute, the watches look absolutely wonderful - perfect blend of functionality, style and uniqueness. Now that I own one, I can see that they are well built too. However, it is the shopping experience that really left an impression on me, more so than the actual watch itself.

First of all, the Lum Tec people are incredibly accessible. Chris and I traded email a few times as he tried to help me through the selection process, offering suggestions and customized variants. I then called the 1-800 number and spoke to someone about shipping and options. He offered his personal opinions on the watches, and we had a great conversation. The web purchasing experience was smooth and the watch was shipped out that very same afternoon.

In the end, I chose the M30 because orange is my daughter's favourite colour, and she refused to let me buy the M36 or M32. I have my daughter to thank because it was a wise choice.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience dealing with great people selling a great product.

I think Lum Tec watches are like potato chips, you can't stop at having just one.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
You're absolute right! The M30 is your first....of many LTs, I'm sure.

Congrats on your addition!
Congratulations on your purchase of a great watch! Yep, AtlantaDave said it all.... first of many Lum-Tec watches. Like you, I'm an Omega man with 2 Seamasters (a black and a blue one) and the Speedy Pro Moon watch. I'm up to 4 Lum-Tec watches and there will be more! :thumbup1: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations on your purchase of a great watch! Yep, AtlantaDave said it all.... first of many Lum-Tec watches. Like you, I'm an Omega man with 2 Seamasters (a black and a blue one) and the Speedy Pro Moon watch. I'm up to 4 Lum-Tec watches and there will be more! :thumbup1: Cheers, Bill P.
How true. I just got my M30 last week, and I am already eyeballing the next one. I am adding to Lum Tec site's visitor count daily (and often multiple times a day), it is like an addiction.

Now I am trying to decide between the A13 and A14. Seriously tough choice. I like PVC black but am leaning towards SS for durability. The biggest overriding question unanswered is: which one looks better? Sigh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts