WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cool pictures. Thanks, Chris.

Does anyone know what part of the production process this is? Soldering on the lugs? I'm assuming that the yellow material in the joint between lug and case is flux (?).

·
Registered
739 Posts
Does anyone know what part of the production process this is? Soldering on the lugs? I'm assuming that the yellow material in the joint between lug and case is flux (?).
I doubt the lugs are made separate from the case; the entire case should be made in one piece, either cast from a single mold or machined out of a block of stainless steel.

The photos on the left look like they were taken either inside a CNC machine or on a lathe and my guess is that they were cutting out space to accommodation the movements and threading for the casebacks. The yellow-ish residue looks like coolant/cutting oil.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Chris why is there two versions of the 24hr GMT dial in red, are these prototypes which one will be chosen from?

Scrub that I've just checked and one is for the black case whilst the other is for the silver case. :blushing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.