WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing final here. Still a long ways to go! I just wanted to share a few of these concepts and get your thoughts. The cases will be almost identical to the M tungsten case design but will be a whiter tone more like platinum in appearance. Dials will be most likely CNC cut out indexes and with some new 3D technology if we can get it to work in time! We will be doing these in both 40mm and 44mm case sizes. The dial styles are up for discussion. We are working on some more variations as well. These are our favorites so far.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have you given any thought to trying some new hands? I know these are traditionally what you have used on the M series but maybe with the introduction of a new case material it is time for an update.

·
Registered
246 Posts
BRAVO CHRIS!!!

I LOVE the new dial style!!!

#1 is my favorite. Would it be possible to have the "frame" of the hands in silver color (what's it called yet... rhodesium plated?!)? I honestly believe that would take the entire watch to a higher level.

Domed crystal would be really nice to :wink:

Brushed case, polished bezel?

Thanks,

Marc

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BRAVO CHRIS!!!

I LOVE the new dial style!!!

#1 is my favorite. Would it be possible to have the "frame" of the hands in silver color (what's it called yet... rhodesium plated?!)? I honestly believe that would take the entire watch to a higher level.

Domed crystal would be really nice to :wink:

Brushed case, polished bezel?

Thanks,

Marc
Polished hands probably would look good! We should try a concept. And yes hopefully brushed case and polished bezel. We have to do some test finishing first and see if the brushing will look good as its still a harder material so fine brushing like our steel cases may not be possible. We ARE going for that though.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you given any thought to trying some new hands? I know these are traditionally what you have used on the M series but maybe with the introduction of a new case material it is time for an update.
Thought about it but also want to keep the M series design language intact. The hands have been the same style on every M series we have done so far. We may just make them a tad bigger but same general style.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw #1 and thought, that is my next Lum Tec for sure! Then I scrolled down and saw #3. Now I am torn. I would like to see #1 with the hands from the M27 (red outline) though. Also the black on the date wheel of #3 looks out of place.

I would also be interested in seeing some renderings without minute markers.

It would be a major plus to see a mix of polished/brushed finishes on these also. As current M25 owner I would be more inclined to purchase one of these if they have their own uniqueness to them.

Any plans for a manual wind small seconds version of these?

With all that said I do really like all 3 of these. You always make it tough to pick just one!

·
Registered
262 Posts
This might be a little derivative, but I would love to see one with vintage/ecru lume and gold hands with the same lume. Either a black or dark brown dial would work great.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That would be a PAM 390... I want a LÜM-TEC, not a Panerai. I'm done with overpriced* sissy watches**.

*not worth the price tag

**whatches where you constantly have to fear for scratches, because the stainless steel scratches so easily.

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
262 Posts
That would be a PAM 390... I want a LÜM-TEC, not a Panerai. I'm done with overpriced* sissy watches**.

*not worth the price tag

**whatches where you constantly have to fear for scratches, because the stainless steel scratches so easily.

Cheers,

Marc
So buy a LT, I happen to enjoy both.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.