WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

LV Submariner--has Rolex stopped production?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  timefinder 
#1 ·
A couple of times the last few weeks I have read threads which said that "a Rolex rep" told a dealer this model had gone out of production. This seems to be a popular thing to say about this model. Regardless, the source is always anonymous so there is no way to confirm anything. The thing is that I am guessing an updated Submariner might become available in 2008 (only a guess on my part, I have no solid information) and if so, this might be a reason to shut down production of the 50th Anniversary Edition. I am hoping this is not going to happen yet, as I am still saving for one. Has anyone heard anything solid about this? Thanks.

#4 ·
Keep checking their website, when you see it disapear from there listing online, you'll know it's time to buy. But they have sold a ton of them, they are very popular, and even though supply has caught up with demand, people still want them so where there is a will...

#9 ·
That could be a sales pitch. While I do not doubt they are selling, they are still some in stock, as per a poll I posted on this forum.

What you may consider, and I have heard some ADs do this via this forum, is that you can do a layaway plan, or even get the watch on credit. Some more people on this forum may be able to comment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.