WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of times the last few weeks I have read threads which said that "a Rolex rep" told a dealer this model had gone out of production. This seems to be a popular thing to say about this model. Regardless, the source is always anonymous so there is no way to confirm anything. The thing is that I am guessing an updated Submariner might become available in 2008 (only a guess on my part, I have no solid information) and if so, this might be a reason to shut down production of the 50th Anniversary Edition. I am hoping this is not going to happen yet, as I am still saving for one. Has anyone heard anything solid about this? Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's in this years and next year catalogue, from everything I've heard it's not being discontinued anytime soon
This is my thinking as well--I hope it's right because I am not positive when I will be able to buy one yet--but I like this model in part because it has the maxi dial. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Keep checking their website, when you see it disapear from there listing online, you'll know it's time to buy. But they have sold a ton of them, they are very popular, and even though supply has caught up with demand, people still want them so where there is a will...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep checking their website, when you see it disapear from there listing online, you'll know it's time to buy. But they have sold a ton of them, they are very popular, and even though supply has caught up with demand, people still want them so where there is a will...
Good advice!

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
I have not heard anything either; but, to be honest, I hope they will do so soon, just so they will be unique. Will it happen? Doubtful. As long as people are buying, Rolex will keep selling.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called an AD on Tuesday of this week and he had one too, but he warned me they go fast, so I had better hurry! My hope is that they keep this model around for a little longer anyway.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
I called an AD on Tuesday of this week and he had one too, but he warned me they go fast, so I had better hurry! My hope is that they keep this model around for a little longer anyway.
That could be a sales pitch. While I do not doubt they are selling, they are still some in stock, as per a poll I posted on this forum.

What you may consider, and I have heard some ADs do this via this forum, is that you can do a layaway plan, or even get the watch on credit. Some more people on this forum may be able to comment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts