WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body ever seen a magazine ad for the mighty LV Sub?

I can't recall ever seeing one.

If someone has a scan of a LV ad I'd love to see it.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Rolex had a press pack with some special photos at Basel the year it was released....some dealers even have them. But I don't recall any magazine ads. :confused1:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Rolex had a press pack with some special photos at Basel the year it was released....some dealers even have them. But I don't recall any magazine ads. :confused1:
As I recall the story, photos released by Rolex prior to the release of the LV showed a watch with lug holes in an effort to thwart fakes. I've never seen an LV with lug holes though I've read some say they exist.
One would think if this were the case a photo of such a rare animal would surface.:confused1:

This is said to be the Rolex photo,

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
I just checked some grey and auction sites, and I can not find a picture of an LV with any lugholes. Perhaps the first year it was released?

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
One could speculate that at the time (well before its release one would assume) they were doing the PR photos like the one above, Rolex didn't have any no-holes cases to use for the model used in the photos. That is of course pure speculation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts