WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to automatic movements. Trying to learn though, thanks to this group.

I have a couple of automatics, one a Seiko Spork with a 4r15 movement, and the other an inexpensive Invicta Grand Diver with a 21 jewel Japanese movement.

My question is in the comparisons between the Miyota 9015 and the 2824-2 offered in the various models of Lumtec.

Can someone give me a good direction to go? Is one better than the other in respect to, sweep smoothness, reliability, durability, accuracy, power reserve, desirability etc...

And anything I might have overlooked to ask, or should be aware of.

Many thanks in advance. Happy Holidays, Mike

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm relatively new to automatic movements. Trying to learn though, thanks to this group.

I have a couple of automatics, one a Seiko Spork with a 4r15 movement, and the other an inexpensive Invicta Grand Diver with a 21 jewel Japanese movement.

My question is in the comparisons between the Miyota 9015 and the 2824-2 offered in the various models of Lumtec.

Can someone give me a good direction to go? Is one better than the other in respect to, sweep smoothness, reliability, durability, accuracy, power reserve, desirability etc...

I'm not an expert, but I think you'll find that the 9015 is superior to the 2824 in just about EVERY respect, except that it's not Swiss. :confused1:

·
Registered
410 Posts

Welcome! This subject has been beat to death on some other threads in this forum... I'm too lazy to go find them tho :T

·
Registered
160 Posts
I would guess, at this price level, it hardly matters. Buy the style & functions and finish you like. It comes down to the old time tested war-horse (eta), or the new and possibly/probably, improved younger asian model. Word is to go with the new hot chick. I dunno. These aren't exactly hi-grade movements. They're both suitable to task. -(If I had my druthers, I'd get the 9015, but the watch I liked better had the 2824)- ...and it's always YMMV.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! This subject has been beat to death on some other threads in this forum... I'm too lazy to go find them tho :T
Sorry. Should have searched a bit more. Did find some good info on both movements after a little digging. Boils down to the outside more than the inside. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I think you'll find that the 9015 is superior to the 2824 in just about EVERY respect, except that it's not Swiss. :confused1:
I totally agree and to be quite blunt I don't personally like the 2824. I personally the "Swissness" argument in general in watches is largely horse hockey.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just thought I'd throw in the the little C1 is remarkably accurate. Don't know what they did to that Russian twin barrel movment but God Damm!

As I posted elsewhere My M9 stayed within a second of the atomic clock from july 4th to the beginning of November and I wore it constantly, sometimes strapped to my stearing wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts