WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The young lads on a popular Casio G-Shock forum are all into paracord survival bracelets which they wear with their G-Shock watches. One of the forum members was nice enough to make this old guy a Univ of Georgia Bulldog red/black paracord bracelet. I think it pairs well with my new Lum-Tec 300M-1.

Are any of you into the paracord bracelets? Cheers, Bill P.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
The young lads on a popular Casio G-Shock forum are all into paracord survival bracelets which they wear with their G-Shock watches. One of the forum members was nice enough to make this old guy a Univ of Georgia Bulldog red/black paracord bracelet. I think it pairs well with my new Lum-Tec 300M-1.

Hey, Bill! GO DAWGS!! (woof, woof!) My son, Scott Gardner, was a UGA swimmer from 2000-2005! Love the dogs, and love your paracord. Man, that 300M is bad to the bone!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never heard of them, can you explain what they are?
Luminated, I had never heard of a paracord bracelet until I saw some on a G-Shock forum. They are made of 550 paracord and originated with military personnel who made and wore them. If needed, the bracelet can be unwoven and you have several feet of very heavy nylon cord which could be used for a tourniquet or to make a splint for a broken bone and so on. The G-Shockers wear them as a fashion piece. They really are cool and pair well with a sport watch. Not suggested for a Rolex or Omega! :lol: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, Bill! GO DAWGS!! (woof, woof!) My son, Scott Gardner, was a UGA swimmer from 2000-2005! Love the dogs, and love your paracord. Man, that 300M is bad to the bone!
That is so neat about your son Scott! Yep, I bleed red and black as I'm a Bulldog to the bone! :thumbup1: I did my graduate work at UGA and was there for the first half of my academic career.

You are right, my 300M-1 is "bad" to the bone. I'm lovin' it! Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Very cool looking bracelet, Bill!

I made a paracord dog collar for my beagle about a year and a half ago using the cobra stitch method Ladd posted above. I'm a die-hard San Francisco Giants fan, so I used an orange/black piece of paracord to make it. I really like the contrasting red/black your bracelet has; I might try something similar with solid orange and solid black pieces of paracord when this current collar gets worn out!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't wear one much anymore but I use to make them quite often. I'd be down to make some more if folks are interested.
Cool! Thanks for the offer.

I see you are new on the forum. Welcome! We have a great group here and I hope you enjoy time spent on the Lum-Tec forum. If you don't yet have a Lum-Tec, the newly released 300M series would be a great way to join the family. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the offer.

I see you are new on the forum. Welcome! We have a great group here and I hope you enjoy time spent on the Lum-Tec forum. If you don't yet have a Lum-Tec, the newly released 300M series would be a great way to join the family. Cheers, Bill P.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am new here, but have been perusing the site for a while now, mainly the Lum-Tec section. I do like the 300M-XL and may pick one up in the future. I've wanted a M series for a long time and recently received the M52 for X-Mas from my wonderful wife. Looking forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am new here, but have been perusing the site for a while now, mainly the Lum-Tec section. I do like the 300M-XL and may pick one up in the future. I've wanted a M series for a long time and recently received the M52 for X-Mas from my wonderful wife. Looking forward to being part of the community.
Great, so you are now a member of the Lum-Tec family! We look forward to getting to know you. How about a pic of your new M52 please. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
diver88 and eschmunk, the paracord bracelets I have have really neat plastic clasps. However, some paracord bracelet makers use a loop and a knot to join the ends when worn. Here is what mine looks like.

As far as getting them, check out the big auction site as they are plentiful and inexpensive.

BTW, eschmunk welcome to the forum and we hope to see more of you here. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
I've got one coming with Wounded Warriors project on it. I'll post it with my 300M-2 when they are here!

Reactions: gaopa
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.