WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first-time poster here with a question. I have pre ordered an M56, which is "in production" with an estimated completion date of September, 2012. Based on the experience of Lum Tec purchasers here, would you expect the watches to actually be completed in September, or should I expect a production delay?

·
Registered
155 Posts
With the exception of the 1st line of tungsten M's, I believe Lum-Tec has been pretty accurate with their production schedules, even being ahead on a few models that I recall.

·
Registered
739 Posts
LT is generally pretty good about hitting their estimated completion dates (or even finishing up early), especially in recent years as they've continued to grow and learn.

I have no specific insight, but I don't think the M56 is at much risk for any production delays. The mold for the case is new but the material is just plain ol' 316L stainless steel. If anything, the matte black dial might be something that could cause delays if LT is still trying to develop the special anti-reflective coating that was supposed to be on the M49-M51 dials.

If there's one thing you can trust in though, it is that Chris and Bes have always been upfront and honest when it comes to updating us on the status of each release as the estimated completion dates start to get closer.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I wouldn't be completely surprised by a moderate delay in the M53/54 bronze models, either. I think it's taking a little longer than anticipated to perfect the alloy. I understand the molds are ready to go, but getting that metal, just right -- especially given the well-documented travails of a few competing brands' entry into the bronze market -- might result in an attenuated time frame.

(attenuated? wtf!?!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.