WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These particular specs are not posted on their site,
cant seem to really find anywhere:

On factory Lum-tec leather straps (they are all the same I believe)
for models like the M46 and M49, does anyone know the:

1. Thickness (in mm of course)
Lug width is obviously 24/22 tapered -
2. What about length?
115/75 or 125/80 maybe?

Lastly, how do you remove the buckle? I assume they are a spring-bar type vs. screw-in or sewn-in...?

Thanks for helping!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
115/75 x approx. 5mm thick at the thickest point tapering down to approx. 3mm at the tip. Buckles are attached via spring-bar.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Seriously? That short? :glare: What about the bracelet? Will it fit an 8.5 inch wrist?
I don't think 115x75 is all that short. Most factory straps I've had are either 115x75 or 120x80. I'm sure the bracelets have plenty of links for a 8.5", and even if they didn't I'm sure Lum-Tec would hook you up.

Reactions: Bigbandito

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 8" wrist and 3 links were removed when my V1 Red was fitted. I also have a B15 and both the rubber & NATO straps fit with room to spare. I think the bracelet & NATO would fit an 8.5" wrist no problem. Rubber would be close. Haven't fitted the leather straps. Bes told me Chris has a big wrist, so the straps run big.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't think 115x75 is all that short. Most factory straps I've had are either 115x75 or 120x80. I'm sure the bracelets have plenty of links for a 8.5", and even if they didn't I'm sure Lum-Tec would hook you up.
I currently wear a 140/90 on the second to last hole. It is perfect. I might be able to wear 130/80, but I think 115/75 would be WAY too short. Oh, well. Looks like I'll need another custom strap.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I currently wear a 140/90 on the second to last hole. It is perfect. I might be able to wear 130/80, but I think 115/75 would be WAY too short. Oh, well. Looks like I'll need another custom strap.
Wow! What size wrist do you have? Must be hard to get straps..?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
With a wrist that thick you really need to get yourself a girl. LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
With a wrist that thick you really need to get yourself a girl. LOL
Not necessary. I switch off to keep both wrists the same size. :001_tt2:

Last time I measured, my wrist was about 8.25 inches. I'm 6'5" and about 250 pounds.

Here are a couple of pictures of the 140/90 on my Magrette Regattare.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346025292.840131.jpg

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346025305.284565.jpg

Some may say the tail is a little long, but I think it's well within the current standards of Fashion and good taste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts
Mate if I need to explain that joke its wasted on you. Think about it, what form of exercise could thicken your wrist (only one wrist mind). lol
Dude ... I am perfectly aware of the nature and context of your "joke." Trust me, I get it. What I was referring to in my response was the questionable tastefulness in relation to this forum ... and NO, I am not one that is wound too tightly. In fact, dare I say, one of my best friends is a PRIEST .... oh, and once I wore a short sleeve dress shirt with a SUIT! Talk about living on the edge!!

All kidding aside, though, I am one who, myself, will push the envelope from time to time, but not here. I choose my venues carefully. Absolutely, I can get down and dirty with the best of 'em ... just check out some of my threads and thread-responses on various motorcycle forums. Nevertheless, on THIS forum, I always try to maintain a modicum of respectful decorum.

On the other hand, I appreciate your spiritedness and welcome you to WTF! Certainly, you are they kind of guy who would liven up a party!

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Not necessary. I switch off to keep both wrists the same size. :001_tt2:

Last time I measured, my wrist was about 8.25 inches. I'm 6'5" and about 250 pounds.

Here are a couple of pictures of the 140/90 on my Magrette Regattare.

View attachment 33035

View attachment 33036

Some may say the tail is a little long, but I think it's well within the current standards of Fashion and good taste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I personally don't think your tail is too long and I admire your beautiful watch, is that bronze?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I personally don't think your tail is too long and I admire your beautiful watch, is that bronze?
It is the Magrette Regattare "Bronze" that turned out to be brass. I still love the watch and am expecting incredible patina (especially after seeing my buddy's brass Ping putter on the golf course today). :thumbup1:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have an 8.5" wrist (or a little more). Lüm-Tec bracelets fit me perfectly (M8, M23 & M42 have all be on metal). The leather straps usually fit on the last hole, and I can almost do the 2nd to last on larger watches. So, for example, my Super Combat B2 I can comfortably wear on the last hole, and slightly-uncomfortably wear on the 2nd-to-last hole. My meteorite V1, which has the same strap and a smaller case, I can only do on the last hole. Except for the 500M diver, I don't think I've ever worn the rubber straps on any of my LT's because they tend to be too short.

But I just buy longer leather straps and it's fine. Currently I'm trying to find some inexpensive hornback croc straps...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts