WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent in my Super Combat in for repairs last August so it’s been there for over a year and the last time I got an update from them was back in July, and have to wonder if I’ll ever get it back.. I also never hear from them unless I inquire as to the status of the repair.. This is also the second time I've had to send it in for the same issue..

I also purchased a D4 Vortex Solar that has also stopped working and also needs to be sent in for repair...

I never see posts on any forums about them by watch owner.. the only posts I ever see are from people trying to sell them and this forum has had one post in over a year..

Is Lum-Tec going out of business?? Seems their quality and Customer Service is kind of lacking...

· Administrator
7,662 Posts
They're still a healthy company as far as i know but I'm not up-to-date on them. They used to post here on this forum and gained a decent following but they haven't been here in a few years. I've seen a couple of complaints about slow service work by Lum-Tec elsewhere but nothing serious. The Lum-Tec group of members here have simply disappeared into the night.... :confused:

· Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
I sent a watch in for repair/servicing at the beginning of May last year. I called every now and then to check on it and was told we're waiting for parts and it's in process. Well it turns out that parts do sometimes take a while especially in the time period I was working with ( pandemic stuff) and one of the watch makers in the shop that was working on my watch had a stroke. The shop had to send the work out to a shop that wasn't as busy and eventually the watch was serviced and returned in excellent condition roughly 15 months after it left my hands.. I think times are changing in the watch service industry.

· Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got my watch back after about a year and three months and seems to be working fine but now a full-wind doesn't even last 24 hours.. I don't remember it not being able to make through one day without stopping...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts