WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lum Tec Combat B2 w/ Stainless Steel MATTE TITANIUM BLACK BRACELET (PICS)

Just got a brand-spanking new Black Matte Titanium Stainless Steel Bracelet for my Lum-Tec Combat B2. Amazing looking finish complements the PVD finish. Looks like it was made for this watch. Hefty weight and solid links.
Single fold deployant clasp. 22mm lug and end size. Clasp is a little stiff to open, but maybe because it's new...

Got it at Tungchoy. The straps come from overseas. They quote 2-3 weeks shipping, but I received mine in 7 calendar days, so not bad.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Great looking bracelet! I haven't seen a 3rd party one like it before. Looks really good on the B2!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great shots and nice straps. Have been on the look out for a strap to match my B1. Looks like you just found it fir me! Although I did just look at the website. And could only see PVD or S/S, not titanium.

Just looking at goppa's photo of his s/s watchadoo strap is tempting to buy a B10 or 11 this year.

Louis

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
That is an outstanding looking bracelet and it looks like it came with your B2! Also, your photos are outstanding! Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'll have to go along with the general consensus here- great bracelet! Oh, and by the way, the watch is beautiful as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That looks great!:thumbup1: I may need to pick up one of those for my B1.

·
Registered
174 Posts
what a match!

That after-market bracelet looks as though it was made for the watch. I know it's not PVD finished, but it might as well be...I would imagine it will age well also.

Fred

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great shots and nice straps. Have been on the look out for a strap to match my B1. Looks like you just found it fir me! Although I did just look at the website. And could only see PVD or S/S, not titanium.

Just looking at goppa's photo of his s/s watchadoo strap is tempting to buy a B10 or 11 this year.

Louis
Miles,
I got mine on the Bay (Looks like they are sold out), but their main site still has the PVD steel diver bracelet. Frankly, I don't think there is any difference between their PVD Steel diver's bracelet and their Brushed IP Black Engineer Solid Link 316L Stainless Steel

Here's the description of the watch I got:

Material : High Quality Heavy Solid 316L Stainless Steel
Finish : Brushed MATT TITANIUM BLACK ION PLATING
Net Weight :107 gram
Length : 180mm
Size : Lugend 22mm
Buckle : 22mm Brushed Stainless Steel Double Flip-Lock Diver Clasp Included

PS-I did some digging online: Ion Plating is a PVD process. Titanium is the material/chemical used to spray on the stainless steel. So for all intents, I guess this bracelet can be called a PVD strap.

Good luck, go get one before they sell out!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is an outstanding looking bracelet and it looks like it came with your B2! Also, your photos are outstanding! Cheers, Bill P.
Bill,
Your watchadoo strap got me interested in a PVD/black version for my B2. After a little googling and searching strap/bracelet sites, I found it!

Thanks for the kind words...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Scottie, I much prefer either a bracelet or a leather strap on the B series L-T watches over the NATO straps which come with them. I am not a NATO strap fan.

I have a B14 on reserve for 2010 and will have to figure out what I want to do to it. Likely I will see if I can get another bracelet like the one on my B3

Your watch and bracelet really do look great and I know you are enjoying it. :001_smile: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scottie, I much prefer either a bracelet or a leather strap on the B series L-T watches over the NATO straps which come with them. I am not a NATO strap fan.
Bill,
The B2 came with the beautiful black leather pilot's band with spring release.
The Nato's are a little too bulky, but I think a 2-piece Olive green, gray or black would look great with the military feel of the Combat B2 or B3. I just haven't seen any 2-pieces with PVD hardware or in olive green...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I spent a lot of time looking for a olive or black nylon or canvas 2-pc. strap that had PVD hardward, but no luck. I wanted to replicate the look of a NATO but in a two-piece. I did end up getting a black leather band with white stitching and PVD hardware. I'll post pix soon, but it looks pretty good on my B1.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Bill,
The B2 came with the beautiful black leather pilot's band with spring release.
The Nato's are a little too bulky, but I think a 2-piece Olive green, gray or black would look great with the military feel of the Combat B2 or B3. I just haven't seen any 2-pieces with PVD hardware or in olive green...
Scottie, I did not know the B2 came with a leather strap. I have never seen a 2-piece NATO look strap. If anyone has one, please post a photo. Thanks! Cheers, Bill P.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts