WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We were in Maui for a good friend's wedding this past week. Great fresh caught fish, sailing, Spam Musubi and beautiful weather. My B2 survived the hot tub, swimming in the pool, swimming in the rainforest Twin Falls, Lahaina beach surf, and snorkeling with the turtles in Olowalu bay. I was a little nervous because the B2 doesn't have a screw-down crown. The AR sapphire shed water like a duck and I had crystal-clear viewing of the dial.

Snorkeled with the turtles at the Olowalu coral reef

Poolside

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks like you had a sweet time.

What I tell everyone is: "crowns without screw down is just like a chronograph under water, don't push the pushers and don't pull the crown". If you follow this rule you will be fine.

Most screw down crowns with chronographs don't have screw down pushers, so essentially its the same potential with non-screw down crowns. Enjoy the water!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you had a sweet time.

What I tell everyone is: "crowns without screw down is just like a chronograph under water, don't push the pushers and don't pull the crown". If you follow this rule you will be fine.
Enjoy the water!
Thanks Curtis. I just had some what-if nightmares: What-if I caught my watch on my snorkel or edge of pool or... and the crown got pulled out, allowing water to gush into the Seiko movement!!!

All was good, and the water sports were great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts