WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's FINALLY here. My FIRST Automatic. My First Lum-Tec. The Lum-Tec/Wiegand site was sold out, so I found one of the last ones at an AD: Tic-Tok. Received Via FED EX this afternoon: Lum-Tec Combat B2 #77/150.

Beautiful Stainless Steel PVD finish. High quality black pigskin riveted pilots watch strap with PVD Lum-Tec engraved buckle accentuates the PVD case. I ordered the optional Sapphire Caseback, which was sent from Tic-Tok to Lum-Tec/Chris for installation and pressure testing. I was concerned that the 43mm case might be too big for my wrist. No worries. The case appears smaller because of the ergonomic curved lugs that hug the wrist, and the height of the case is slim enough to fit under my shirt sleeve.

I resisted the urge to rip through the packaging like an excited kid on Christmas morning so I could take these photos:

Christmas came early this year.

Black PVD and Dial with seconds/minute sub-markings. Sword hands and the T-shaped end on the second hand are perfect details.

World-Famous Lume

More Lume

Seiko (LEFT) Vs Lum Tec (RIGHT)

Sapphire Caseback and branded Pigskin Strap

Japanese 21 Jewel SII JAPAN NH25A11J Automatic Movement

Tastes like Lum-Tec Tang

Thanks for Looking. Will post more pictures. Ordered 2 additional straps to spice things up...

·
Registered
86 Posts
You should be proud (I'm sure you are)! Great looking watch! Post a wrist shot when you get one! :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Very nice shots. Must have been hell. Having to hold your self back. If I had received that in the mail, I would have torn into it with my teeth. My B1 is awesome. Love it. I have had it for a week and have had more comments per day than any $3K watch.

Enjoy!

Louis

·
Registered
334 Posts
Congrats! The B2 is my first auto as well. I just commented on your pics in the Lum-Tec picture thread. You just pushed me over the edge about adding the sapphire caseback, it looks great!

I have gotten a lot of compliments on my B2 and a lot of stares from people who didn't want to ask me about it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks John for your business! The B2 is a serious timepiece and your pictures are awesome! I'm surprised you waited to grab your camera, thats usually an afterthought with me :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Congrats! The B2 is my first auto as well. I just commented on your pics in the Lum-Tec picture thread. You just pushed me over the edge about adding the sapphire caseback, it looks great!

I have gotten a lot of compliments on my B2 and a lot of stares from people who didn't want to ask me about it.
JJC,
Here's another Caseback pic to keep you going...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
"Scottie", you have a fine looking B2! You also have some fine photos! Well done on both! Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Scottie", you have a fine looking B2! You also have some fine photos! Well done on both! Cheers, Bill P.
Thanks, Bill! Your amazing B3 Lume Shots and you watchadoo bracelet pics :thumbup: are some of my favorite photos on the Lum Tec forum, and really sold me on the looks and versatility of the Combat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unbelievable watch. The day I got mine was the best day of my life... I love this watch.. it goes so well with any kind of band.... plus, it looks different in all kinds of light... my favorite watch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts