WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there have been a few HMT related posts in the recent past, so I'll keep this short.
After a lot of hunting around for the rare HMT Pilot, I managed to locate a shop about an hour's drive from my place. So, a few narrow misses on the highway (rickshaws can be scary) and a lot of walking later I was finally at the shop!

A lil later I was out with all these!:

Two of the pilots will be passed on. One to Jpv here and the other to another member on another forum (who has it on his grail list)http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/images/smilies/1/001_rolleyes.gif
I had a small chat with guy at the store, who ran it with his wife. He was happy that we showed interest in the mechanical watches, and lamented over the fact that people nowadays only go for quartz. He also said that a routine servicing would keep the watches running for a lifetime. Oh, also, the lady at the store said that there has NEVER been a white Pilot ....so anyone claiming to have one, may be in for a rude shock:001_rolleyes:

Hmm...this post turned out to be longer than I was hoping for, so I'll stop now. Thanks for looking:thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats!!! I think you wanted a pilot real bad and now you have it.
Yup! It's similar to the Zodiac Seawolf that I had always wanted (but found out later that it was a bit too small from my wrist). Although, the Pilot is smaller than what I usually wear, I've replaced the cheap strap with an old Seiko Quartz bracelet and now it feels really nice on the wrist.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Bio,

Could you tell me the lug size of the Pilot? I wouldn't mind switching up straps on MINE :)))
Hey Jeff,
The lug size is 18mm. You'll definitely require new straps. If you prefer to wear it slightly larger, I'd suggest a good light bracelet, maybe something vintage. If you like, I could post pictures of the watch on the Seiko bracelet that I was talking about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts