WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at three watches right now. The Erard is at the uppermost of what I'm prepared to part with :eek:hmy: , the Thommen is in the middle, and the Oris is the least expensive.

First up, is the Louis Erard 44211AA01.BDC52 1931. It features the ETA 2824 withe the Dubois Depraz 9000 complication. Other Erard watches with this movement are listed as perpetual, but the listing on this particular watch doesn't really say... This particular watch is 51mm by 42mm in size.

Like the Louis Erard, the Revue Thommen 16066.2532 features a moonphase, month, date, and day displays. This watch uses the Dubois Depraz caliber 9310 and is 42mm across.

Finally, the Oris Big Crown Day Pointer. This is the least expensive of the bunch, but seems very classy to me. Drawbacks are the smaller size, 38mm and the lack of month and day. I think it uses the SW 200 and has 27 jewels.

In essence, I'm looking for that classy dress watch and would like to have month, day and date functions, but could do with a day pointer type like the Oris just because it looks "classy".

Anyway, what do you think of the brands, the movements, and of course the looks. Thanks for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.