WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went surfing with my speedway today, knowing that the clasp is likely to pop open when pressure is exerted on the wrong end, and lost the gamble. Caught a wave, clasp caught the rail of my board while standing up and before i knew it, the watch was off my wrist and now lying on the ocean floor :sad:

Stinks, but also means i'm in the market for a new diver/tide watch :lol: If anyone has some suggestions for a new diver or a good looking tide watch around 40-42 mm i'd appreciate it!!

I'm eventually getting an omega, so i'm hoping someone can confirm the clasp won't pop on it while surfing or other water activities.

Here's an ode to my fallen beater:

OH and BTW, if anyone is in spring lake on washington ave and stumbles upon a watch w/ the chrono hand going in sync w/ the small second hand, it might be mine :lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
That stinks! I can tell you I've never had the clasp on my AT pop open on the boat, and that's in 90 feet of water with even less hope of recovering it. I have lost a cell phone overboard once. Good excuse to get a new beach beater...maybe one that's orange?

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Arrrrg....the angry sea has taken another whose time has run out to Davy Jones' locker. Why wait? Get an SMP (preowned) ASAP. You'll always have the memories of your fallen beater, but soon your new watch will make new memories for you.
BTW, sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I went surfing with my speedway today, knowing that the clasp is likely to pop open when pressure is exerted on the wrong end, and lost the gamble. Caught a wave, clasp caught the rail of my board while standing up and before i knew it, the watch was off my wrist and now lying on the ocean floor :sad:

Stinks, but also means i'm in the market for a new diver/tide watch :lol: If anyone has some suggestions for a new diver or a good looking tide watch around 40-42 mm i'd appreciate it!!

I'm eventually getting an omega, so i'm hoping someone can confirm the clasp won't pop on it while surfing or other water activities.

Here's an ode to my fallen beater:

OH and BTW, if anyone is in spring lake on washington ave and stumbles upon a watch w/ the chrono hand going in sync w/ the small second hand, it might be mine :lol::lol::lol:
That stinks like someone said get a orange Monster

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess i've been away from the forum too long, whats AT again?? lol!

And i have been looking at the OM, i'd like to see one in person to decide indefinitely. Since i got back from the beach i've been looking at a wenger tide watch, looks nice and simple and swiss, so thats a possibility as well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh duh, aqua terra right?? I've been looking at the seamaster pro coaxial w/ blue face. Love the design, size, weight... everything about it. I've been looking at the preowned, but still too high for me right now.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
How about a simple G-shock? They're light and durable and excellent beater watches. And even if you loose them, it's not going to pinch you too much :T
I've gotta agree here. I bought my G-Shock Atomic Solar analog for well under $100 on Amazon, and I love it for casual wear. The only drawback is that the black band and case get hard water spots if I don't dry it off thoroughly, even after just washing my hands. Of course the water here in Las Vegas has an acceptable level of perchlorate from jet fuel, so depending on where you live that may not be an issue...

If I didn't have the Casio, I'd probably get a Seiko OM. I may add one down the road anyway, they seem pretty affordable for what you get.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Losing your watch sucks, but at least there's a great excuse to get a new one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.