WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals! I picked up a strange one at a local flea market, and it’s not something I’ve seen before. The brand is Lord Sanford, it has a 10k RGP case, Felsa Bidynator 690, and looks to be about late 40s or early 50s. I’ve cleaned it up and inspected the movement. Seems to be running great so far, and it will make a good project for me. The only thing I’m wondering about is the brand. I’m on the case back it’s marked “Master case co. Back USA”.
It gives me serious nautical vibes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,880 Posts
Lord Sanford was one of the myriad of minor sub-brands that existed in the mid 1900's and this one was likely part of 'Albert Luthy SA' based in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The Felsa movement was relatively common and supplied to many watch makers at a slightly extra cost if they wanted their name on it (rather than Felsa).
Felsa family of 'Bydnator' movements per the Ranfft website:
690,691,696,698: base
692: date
692N: date, 24h hand
693: calendar
694: date, pusher
695: sub second
697: day, date
699: power reserve display
'Master' cases were also an aftermarket brand used thru the 1900's.

All in all, i think you are spot on with your late 40's - early 50's time frame and its a nice vintage watch of that era.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lord Sanford was one of the myriad of minor sub-brands that existed in the mid 1900's and this one was likely part of 'Albert Luthy SA' based in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The Felsa movement was relatively common and supplied to many watch makers at a slightly extra cost if they wanted their name on it (rather than Felsa).
Felsa family of 'Bydnator' movements per the Ranfft website:
690,691,696,698: base
692: date
692N: date, 24h hand
693: calendar
694: date, pusher
695: sub second
697: day, date
699: power reserve display
'Master' cases were also an aftermarket brand used thru the 1900's.

All in all, i think you are spot on with your late 40's - early 50's time frame and its a nice vintage watch of that era.
Thank you SO MUCH!!! Very very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts