WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOT THIS YESTERDAY! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR A WHILE NOW AND IS THIS A MINTY LE WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Has been TOTALLY OVERHAULED to BEST CONDITION with much TLC...!!!
REFURBISHED + REPAIRED & TOTALLY SERVICED (Cleaned & timed) by yours truly....Master Watchmaker of 35+ years..!!
WARRANTY- 6 MONTHS Service Guarantee.

Movement: A Very Clean Superb Movement ELGIN 680, Precise 21 Jewels.
Dial: *ORIGINAL* Patene Off-White Cream Color GUILLOCHE -HONEYCOMB- TEXTURED pattern and with Raised Golden "X" Cross Hairs. Raised Golden Seconds Markers. Sub-Second at "6". Black Accents.
Crystal: **NEW** - NOS- From the family of G-S Crystal Company...!!!
Case Dimensions: A Very Respectable Size 38 MM Tip-to-Tip of Lugs X 30 MM Wide (without crown). Case is in FANTASTIC CONDITION...!!! (See Photos)...!!! Fantastic ENAMELED top of Bezel accentuating the Hour Markers...!!!!
Markings on Case: "Cased and Timed by ELGIN NATIONAL WATCH CO., 14K Gold Filled, Wadsworth, 4811, U834930".

Strap: **NEW** - NOS - Matching TOP QUALITY *I.W. SUISSE* Rich Black Honeycomb Textured Padded Genuine Leather and Stitched all around.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Nice Clubman! Mine says hi!

This was one of Elgin's most popular and enduring models. They were made from ~1950 until at least 1956, and you'll find them with three, possibly 4 generations of movements - the 8/0 sized 556, then the 680, followed by the 13/0 sized 713, and I THINK I've seen one with a 718, which would take it all the way to 1957.

Elgin made some really cool watches back in the 1950s, and the ones with enameled bezels were some of the coolest.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
GOT THIS YESTERDAY! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR A WHILE NOW AND IS THIS A MINTY LE WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Has been TOTALLY OVERHAULED to BEST CONDITION with much TLC...!!!
REFURBISHED + REPAIRED & TOTALLY SERVICED (Cleaned & timed) by yours truly....Master Watchmaker of 35+ years..!!
WARRANTY- 6 MONTHS Service Guarantee.

Welcome to the American brustlhr!

What a FANTASTIC LE!!!!:001_tt1:

The Clubman is one of my favorite LE's and just an incredibly beautiful watch!

Congrats on a FINE purchase:thumbup1:

Movement: A Very Clean Superb Movement ELGIN 680, Precise 21 Jewels.
Dial: *ORIGINAL* Patene Off-White Cream Color GUILLOCHE -HONEYCOMB- TEXTURED pattern and with Raised Golden "X" Cross Hairs. Raised Golden Seconds Markers. Sub-Second at "6". Black Accents.
Crystal: **NEW** - NOS- From the family of G-S Crystal Company...!!!
Case Dimensions: A Very Respectable Size 38 MM Tip-to-Tip of Lugs X 30 MM Wide (without crown). Case is in FANTASTIC CONDITION...!!! (See Photos)...!!! Fantastic ENAMELED top of Bezel accentuating the Hour Markers...!!!!
Markings on Case: "Cased and Timed by ELGIN NATIONAL WATCH CO., 14K Gold Filled, Wadsworth, 4811, U834930".

Strap: **NEW** - NOS - Matching TOP QUALITY *I.W. SUISSE* Rich Black Honeycomb Textured Padded Genuine Leather and Stitched all around.
Nice Clubman! Mine says hi!

This was one of Elgin's most popular and enduring models. They were made from ~1950 until at least 1956, and you'll find them with three, possibly 4 generations of movements - the 8/0 sized 556, then the 680, followed by the 13/0 sized 713, and I THINK I've seen one with a 718, which would take it all the way to 1957.

Elgin made some really cool watches back in the 1950s, and the ones with enameled bezels were some of the coolest.
Nice Doug!

I have seen one with red enamel out there as well, very cool:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
One of my favorite mid-century Lord Elgins. Very sharp on the wrist, no mistaking it for another!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.