WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a winder for 6 automatic watches. From a quick internet search I have determined that I can spend as little or as much I want to. I am hoping someone here can recommend a brand or two that are reasonably priced and do the job they are meant to.

Mitch

Super Moderator
WTF won't do commercial recommendations, although personal experience is OK to talk about.
And I can't recommend inexpensive, because just like with cars, knives, and shoes, I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for. Even a single slot, GOOD watch winder will run you one or two hundred bucks. A couple Andrew Jacksons will get you a winder that will be loud enough to keep you awake at night, won't have variable speed control, won't be AC/DC powered, won't rotate clockwise AND counter-clockwise, will have a body that may fall apart in a year or two, and may have a motor that will burn out within a year. But then, you'll have the joy of shopping for ANOTHER winder!

Although I avoid recommendations, I WILL say this:
Before we switched owners, ORBITA was an Official Watch Talk Forum Sponsor. And I personally haven't seen or heard anyone badmouth WOLF, VOLTA, or RAPPORT.

Reactions: mikeyt_53

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTF won't do commercial recommendations, although personal experience is OK to talk about.
And I can't recommend inexpensive, because just like with cars, knives, and shoes, I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for. Even a single slot, GOOD watch winder will run you one or two hundred bucks. A couple Andrew Jacksons will get you a winder that will be loud enough to keep you awake at night, won't have variable speed control, won't be AC/DC powered, won't rotate clockwise AND counter-clockwise, will have a body that may fall apart in a year or two, and may have a motor that will burn out within a year. But then, you'll have the joy of shopping for ANOTHER winder!

Although I avoid recommendations, I WILL say this:
Before we switched owners, ORBITA was an Official Watch Talk Forum Sponsor. And I personally haven't seen or heard anyone badmouth WOLF, VOLTA, or RAPPORT.
Thanks for the info. I am also a believer in "you get what you pay for" but experienced sticker shock when I saw some of the prices. I was looking to stay in the $1,000 range.

Mitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.