WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
That's easy!

You simply can't go wrong with an Omega Seamaster.:thumbup:

Figure out what options you want/need and prioritize them.:confused1:

then search the archives for new and previous models Omega offered to find the perfect one.:001_unsure:

then check with members, and forum sponsors to find that perfect model for you.:001_tt1:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh it's a done deal. I just have to find a retailer with the correct model in stock. I've already picked out the model, color, etc. that I want. I've read reviews, comparisons, etc. I've already done quite a bit of homework on the subject, even gaining a better understanding of the movements that drive the timepiece. I've narrowed it down to the 2252.50.00, the mid-size black model, due to my small wrists, the price point and the black dial/bezel. Plus it's within my budget, but just slightly!

Seamaster, here I come!

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Hello Richy

A very warm welcome to OMEGALand.

I had a 2252.50 a few years back. Very impressive watch too but I wanted something bigger.

I'm assuming you are in the US and will PM you accordingly. Please let me know if you receive it.

Hope you'll have an opportunity to explore the various discussions here. We have a resource section too which may be of interest to you - it's located at the top of the front page of the Omega Forum.

Wish you well :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
191 Posts
what other considerations do you have?

I have pretty small wrists but the 42 PO still looks small at times...have you tried on the 41 mm 2254 SMP? Or if you want a compromise an Aqua Terra (its' in the Seamaster range as well) 39mm would be perfect, it can go down 150m and can sit well at your place of work...nice display back too.

Glimmer

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Good for you Ritchy.

That mid-size Seamaster at 36.25mm is larger than the standard size men were wearing (34mm-36mm) up until the past few years.. It's also larger than my standard size men's 1967 vintage Seamaster auto..

It's also the size of the very popular mens Rolex Date-just at 36 mm...

I'm sure you will like it..

·
Registered
153 Posts
sea master movement

I have heard rumours that more movements will move up to the better 8500 next year, could that be true of the seamaster?? I really like the aqua terra

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
I have heard rumours that more movements will move up to the better 8500 next year, could that be true of the seamaster?? I really like the aqua terra
Hello Todd

Well Omega have it in mind to expand the 8500 with the addition of a complication per annum if I'm correct in thinking. I dare say though that the replacement for the 2254.50 is likely to be a 2500C which is itself a very special Co-Axial movement. This would place the watch at the same price level as the 300M Co-Axial Bond.

Have a good evening

ZIN

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went for it, and it arrived via FedEx today! I have to go to the office to pick it up (I couldn't ensure someone would be at home to accept the package), and I CANNOT WAIT! Wish me luck!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I hear you can't have just one Omega. Once you get that first one. Well it's like eating potato chips. =) Actually I do have more than one Omega but mine are all pocket watches.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
577 Posts
Did someone say potato chips?

Fr. John+
Have you considered replacing your signature pic with that above of your new "hat trick", Fr.?

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Quite right Roger :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

but hey Brother John

That indeed is an Outstanding Trio of 300m divers :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OH MY GOD! I just got it, had it sized and I'm finally wearing my NEW Omega Seamaster Pro! AND I LOVE IT! I love the sword-shaped hands, the GIANT hour markers, the black "date" background, and the band, dear lord the band...

Yeah, this is my first Omega, and I know a lot of you have a few, but I'm very excited. I never thought I'd be able to own such a fine timepiece. But I'm glad I took the plunge and bought myself a new SMP!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good going, Richy! One more thrill awaits you. Wait till you see the lume on that puppy. Those big sword hands and large markers really soak up the energy. :001_wub:

Dare I say that you are a swordsman, now? :biggrin:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I purchased my first Omega a couple of weeks ago and I have to tell you I am in love. I never thought that I would love it everyday more and more.

Nevertheless, I want to get another one and this is a challenege. I will probably go for the bond co-axial.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Hey Richy

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

Glad you've got your watch.

Now as you may have gathered, it's customary to share pictures of your new baby with members :001_smile: We look forward to the occasion of an excellent viewing :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good going, Richy! One more thrill awaits you. Wait till you see the lume on that puppy. Those big sword hands and large markers really soak up the energy. :001_wub:

Dare I say that you are a swordsman, now? :biggrin:
You aren't kidding! I can see this baby glow even when I'm in a lighted hallway or something. WOW!

Hey Richy

MANY CONGRATULATIONS

Glad you've got your watch.

Now as you may have gathered, it's customary to share pictures of your new baby with members :001_smile: We look forward to the occasion of an excellent viewing :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN
Will do! As soon as I get home from work today I'll snap a few and post them. It's nothing you've never seen before, I can assure that, but I'm very excited.

Thanks, everyone, for being so informative and supportive!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts