WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All!
I'm new to the watch game and am looking for some additional info on a piece that I received from the Mrs.!
I did a web search and I only get info from Macy's website. I went to the manufacturer's website and this particular model is not shown (discontinued maybe???:001_unsure:)

Manufacturer: Breil
Model #: TW1022
Model name: Orchestra
Movement: Miyota 8N24 automatic (read thru caseback); 21 jewels
Finish: Black IP on SS
Strap: Bracelet with double deploying clasp

Anything that you folks can tell me about the brand, movement or model would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
A friend at work wears a Breil quartz chronograph. He hasn't ever complained about it and wears it every day.

Movement is a standard ebauche Japanese auto movement. Nothing special, extremely reliable and accurate usually within 2 minutes a day (much more accurate when regulated).

Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!
I guess my next task is to find a local "watch dr." to have this regulated and since I plan on getting more autos.:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
The founder of Breil was Innocente Binda who opened a shop in Milan, Italy, originally to distribute Wyler Watches. Binda launched his own brand (Breil) in 1935 and had modest success. It was his children, in the 1980s that, that revamped the marketing strategies of Breil, making it the kind of watch we know today. By using "sexually suggestive" ads, Breil did for watches what Calvin Klein did for denim jeans. While basically a "fashion brand", Breil targets the worldl-wise middle to upper-classes as opposed to, as an example, Fossil which targets American teens and twenty-somethings.

Many of todays models are quite striking and handsome...I'd love to have a couple in my collection! :thumbup1:

Reactions: Watchin' You
1 - 5 of 5 Posts