WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m new here and honestly haven’t read too many post yet. Please forgive me if this has been covered recently. But I am just about to give up my search for any watch that has a particular list of functions. Because of my job I spend as much time working in darkness as I do light. Because of that I need a watch that has a backlight that shows most if not all the information on a watch dial. Such as Timex’s Indiglo, however Casio’s LED lights suck (which is on most of their G-shock), and therefore will not work. Casio’s EL backlight is good, but they don’t couple that with the other features I like. Citizen claims that only the Skyhawk fits my criteria, but at night the analog feature is useless.

Now comes the picky part. I like watches that don’t need battery replacements if at all possible. Like Solar, or Kinetic etc. Atomic time keeping, with a date that displays day of week, and day of month. All this coupled with an analog face. Oh, and it absolutely has to be water resistant enough for showers, swimming, etc. Everything else is just fluff, but I also like moveable bezels, metal cases, and metal bands, but are not necessary.

My long pursuit of such a watch usually produces one or more of said features, but not all in one place for the price range I’m looking for. It doesn’t make sense for me to spend thousands of dollars for a watch I’ll use in an industrial setting.

Recap: I’m looking for a watch that has at least these features,
1. Solar, or Kinetic power source.
2. Atomic time keeping. Will settle for perpetual calendar.
3. Backlight that shows most if not all of watch face. Like Indiglo,
4. Heavily water resistant, or water proof.
5. Analog, or Analog/Digital display.
6. All for under $1,000.

Every time I think I’ve seen every watch out there, a new line pops up. If anyone can help me find this watch, you will have my utmost admiration, and gratitude.

·
Registered
520 Posts
How about a quartz analog with tritium indices? A Reactor ND maybe?

...on second thought, I think stratct may have hit the nail on the head. I just punched up that model, and it sounds like a perfect fit for you!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
This is solar 200m WR but not atomic @ $175

Next is a Digi/Ana G-Shock; both solar and atomic with back light and lumed hands and indices also 200m WR $250

·
Super Moderator
15,651 Posts
But at night the analog feature is useless.
Just thought I'd mention that the LCD window on the right (mine shows LAX time 10:14:56)
illuminates and can be set to your own time zone.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Clifford Moore said:
How about a quartz analog with tritium indices? A Reactor ND maybe?

...on second thought, I think stratct may have hit the nail on the head. I just punched up that model, and it sounds like a perfect fit for you!
Hey whatya know! I was right for once :laugh: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts