WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Gallet 30 minute timer/stopwatch at an estate sale that works perfectly. I am seeking any information/insight on this model as I have been unable to pin down the vintage of this stopwatch or its retail market. There is plenty of general and company info on the web but I have found nothing on the specific movement/model I have. I have found one model that is very close but not identical to mine. The Gallet I found was a decimal artillery timer/stopwatch marked Jules Racine & Co. Swiss 7seven jewels unadjusted on spare parts compartment(JXR on balance) No3364 D.R.P.388992 +No100230 on bridge. The information dates it to WWII era. Mine is marked Jules Racine & Co. Swiss 6six jewels 1one adjustment on spare parts compartment (no JXR on balance) No3364 D.R.P.388992 +No100230 on bridge. The dial is (near mint) porcelain enamel, hands are blued (looks to be steel), crystal has a small convex dimple in the center. Is this an earlier vintage or a lower grade variant of the same model from the same era? Was this a European market or American market model? I am a little perplexed by the fact that the case and movement say Jules Racine (Gallets American distributor) but is missing any visible import code? Thank you in advance for any information. Here are some pics.
IMGP1205.jpg IMGP1206.jpg IMGP1207.jpg IMGP1208.jpg IMGP1211.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts