WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Man that is a beautiful watch. Could never wear one with Mickey on the dial but everything else(case, bracelet) is awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Eddie, I assume that this is a ladies watch? Did the auction give the case size diameter!
Nice to see you back posting abit Charlie!!!:thumbup1:

I found this info on that watch:

Bulova accutron n2 1972 14k yellow gold mickey mouse disney date 218 mens watch click images to enlarge up for sale is a beautiful vintage solid 14k yellow gold bulova accutron mickey mouse mens watch bulova accutron 14k yellow gold case and band by jonell the links in the band are shaped like accutron tuning fork logo mickey mouse n2 or 1972 vintage mens watch 218 movt. 36mm wide the watch is currently running and keeping time

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nice to see you back posting abit Charlie!!!:thumbup1:

I found this info on that watch:

Bulova accutron n2 1972 14k yellow gold mickey mouse disney date 218 mens watch click images to enlarge up for sale is a beautiful vintage solid 14k yellow gold bulova accutron mickey mouse mens watch bulova accutron 14k yellow gold case and band by jonell the links in the band are shaped like accutron tuning fork logo mickey mouse n2 or 1972 vintage mens watch 218 movt. 36mm wide the watch is currently running and keeping time
Thanks for the info!
I thought that it might be a ladies watch, only because of the shape of the case, and the tapered narrow band!
Not having an item near or next to it to determine it's size, I was just curious!
I guess being 36mm today, it could very well be a ladies watch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably won't get a response back on this thread but thought I would give it a try just in case. I have the watch you are looking for, never worn, box and papers included. It was gifted to my grandparents by Jimmy MacDonald crazily enough. Everything on the watch is original. I have been looking everywhere on the internet and have not found anything to put a price on it, so I am here for advice on value.
IMG_20200516_005236.jpg IMG_20191224_164621.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,313 Posts
And also see rule #9. (Offering or suggesting the intrinsic value of a given watch).

·
Super Moderator
167 Posts
That one is in much better shape than mine! Nice looking Mickey.

This thread is very old, I'm sure the original poster has moved on.

As a side note, I'm glad this thread exists, this is how I originally found WTF, I was searching for any information on my watch!

·
Super Moderator
15,313 Posts
...This thread is very old, I'm sure the original poster has moved on....
You could say that. He hasn't posted anything since 2013, August! :laugh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Probably won't get a response back on this thread but thought I would give it a try just in case. I have the watch you are looking for, never worn, box and papers included. It was gifted to my grandparents by Jimmy MacDonald crazily enough. Everything on the watch is original. I have been looking everywhere on the internet and have not found anything to put a price on it, so I am here for advice on value.
View attachment 211917 View attachment 211919
Hello kkeckk ,
You can accept my friend request please

See you soon
Xavier

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize if I was ignorant to the forum rules, though I am not assuming any value to the watch or trying to sell it here. Just thought I would share a cool story about the watch. The name “Jimmy McDonald” is one of the original voice actors for Mickey Mouse. My grandparents got to know Walt Disney through a friend, and through that relationship they got invited to dinner with Jimmy (where the watch was presented). Does anyone here know the best way to get the watch valued and/or get in touch with collectors? I don’t know if posting the pictures of all the serial numbers on here is a great idea just in case they get used to produce fakes. Didn’t expect to get replies on here so I forgot to check back sooner! Thanks everyone

·
Super Moderator
15,313 Posts
Apology accepted, although the WTF Rules of Conduct ARE readily available to anyone who bothers to look.
........................................................................................................................................................................

But as to the watch; it is most definitely a cool story. It's hard to get cooler than being able to say they associated with Walt Disney & Company. Pity that you supply no provenance on the watch or the friendships involved!

As a result, to put an official value to the watch, I'd say do your homework and search the web for antiques appraisers, or log onto Angie's List and let them search for appraisers on your behalf. (I'd say it's worth the effort, inasmuch as genuine Mickey Mouse Accutrons have SOLD on eBay for close to one thousand dollars (Ebay >Advanced Search>Sold Listings)!

To get in touch with collectors, do what you're doing right now! Haunt all the watch collector websites and advertise your desires at what you think are the most likely forums to achieve success.

And no. Posting pix of watch serial numbers in general is not a good idea. It has nothing to do with "the ability to generate fakes" That can be done with ANY randomly chosen number with the correct amount of digits! The prevailing idea (if I understand it correctly) is that unscrupulous people can take that serial number, claim the watch is stolen, and generate a false insurance claim for the money. Such an event could bite you in the ass when you go to sell the watch on a legitimate venue (like one of the established auction houses).

Our best wishes and good luck!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is this where the sarcastic comment comes in about large auction house companies? For the clueless type people with provenance proven watches, a large auction house is a good route to unload it. For people who get educated first on the watch and its value by various people, then you can bargain with the auction houses for low or no fees if they feature the watch.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts