WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
First time poster here! I have a collection of watches and on of my most favorite and sentimental pieces was stolen. I do not remember what model number it is. I can't find the box. I got this watch from my father for Christmas in the early part of this century from 200-2005 (rough guess). This was a two-toned watch that had a unique pattern on the bracelet. It had X linked together like this XXXXX. The dial face was round, with mother of pearl, and the horn symbol of Bulova. It was quite a hefty kind of watch also. Not a slim bracelet. I have searched the internet and can't find it anywhere. I wish I had the model number. I have done some research to find out the model code would be "A", then A0, A1, A2 for the years 2000, 2001, 2002 and so on. But no luck in plugging that in the internet search either. I have no idea if this is with the Caravelle line either. Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I can find it to buy one again I loved that watch!

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
With the info you provided, I wouldn't know where to begin searching for your watch. The A would be the date code but that will only tell you the time-frame of manufacture. There are a couple sites that show some vintage older Womens Bulova watches but nothing that new so without even knowing what it looks like, it will be hard to find it. Maybe some of the other Accutron Bulova experts on here might have some ideas? Wish I could help more!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hello and welcome to WTF, when some people say they searched the Internet they really don't know all the places to look, when I start searching for something I go to google and then click images, then type in words that might match what I'm looking for, I scroll through all the pictures, if I find a match, I click on the link below the picture and see if it's a for sale item, or gives a description that will help me in my search. It's easier to look through pictures then individual websites.

Next you can try EBay. Good luck and hope you find your special watch.

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts
Hello.
Not that I want to make your search harder, but just maybe extend the time frame back, to start searching at 1997? Since they don't necessarily have expiration dates, just because a watch was gifted in (for example) the year 2000, the watch could very well have been made a year or two earlier and just took that long to finally be purchased.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts