WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know anything about these watches? i have one of the five that came out. where can i find more information on the watches? thanks

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I have only heard of them..I never saw one of those.
Come on,post e pic,please??

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
We didn't get much response then, so I'm not sure if many people will be able to help you with this enquiry either. Are they the same watches as the previous poster had? I imagine they are, I wouldn't expect Swissair to have too many different models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I had a response from Longines Museum, that there were 5 "Swissair Exclusive" models, 2 are on display at the Longines Museum. As mentioned in previous post, I happen to have all 5 of them, and I also posted their pictures. The 1st I believe was sold on Swissair long haul flights, late 80's, because the 2nd one (Swissair Exclusive #2) I bought personally in 1992 on a flight from Zurich to Chicago. The others were bought on Ebay, and the last of the series, #5, was bought in a flea market in Zurich. Other than that - I have no information.
Assaf

·
Registered
1 Posts
This watch was sold in the early 1990's on board Swiss-Air flirts from Geneve ( anyway ) to the US, when you purchased a watch , the pilot would sign a special certificate that it was purchased on board during the flight.
If you have one, do you have all the documents like I described

·
Super Moderator
15,503 Posts
1) Necrothreadia. That thread was started 8 years ago!. I know of only two still-active members that were here in 2009
and taiber59 sure as heck ain't one of 'em!!!

2)Taiber never posted again after 1 December '09

3) He claimed to have all 5 and would would be taking them to a "well-known" auction house.

4) Anyone looking for info after all this time is just plain sh*t-out-of-luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts