WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photos of my 1959 Longine 14K

I believe this is a 1959 President Polk. 14k with 4 diamonds. Band is stamped with "14K CDL" for Carl. D Lindstrom and Sons, Los Angeles. Florentine finish. Can anyone give me more information on it, including what it's worth?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Rectangle
Watch Brown Analog watch Rectangle Wood

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a President Cleveland

I just found the watch on the Vintagewatchfinder website. It's actually a President Cleveland, 1958. But no listing for a model with diamonds and a metal band (just leather). Could it have been customized by the Carl D Lindstrom and Sons to match their gold Florintine band with diamonds inserted where the four corner cutouts were??

·
Super Moderator
16,708 Posts
Could it have been customized by the Carl D Lindstrom and Sons to match their gold Florintine band with diamonds inserted where the four corner cutouts were??
Sure it could have! Tiffany & Co. has been doing that sort of thing for decades. For an established jeweller like C.D.L., something like that would be extremely easy to do.
It definitely looks re-cased. As such, you'd be better off contacting misters Lindstrom directly (you can tell them you're looking for an insurance appraisal) or take it to an established jeweller in your hometown do an appraisal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.