WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar wth the 1959 President Polk model? Inherited it from my grandfather, but have only seen one refetnce to it. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
Could you please post photos of it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photos of my 1959 Longine 14K

I believe this is a 1959 President Polk. 14k with 4 diamonds. Band is stamped with "14K CDL" for Carl. D Lindstrom and Sons, Los Angeles. Florentine finish. Can anyone give me more information on it, including what it's worth?

DSC_0458 1.jpg DSC_0460 1.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a President Cleveland

I just found the watch on the Vintagewatchfinder website. It's actually a President Cleveland, 1958. But no listing for a model with diamonds and a metal band (just leather). Could it have been customized by the Carl D Lindstrom and Sons to match their gold Florintine band with diamonds inserted where the four corner cutouts were??

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
Could it have been customized by the Carl D Lindstrom and Sons to match their gold Florintine band with diamonds inserted where the four corner cutouts were??
Sure it could have! Tiffany & Co. has been doing that sort of thing for decades. For an established jeweller like C.D.L., something like that would be extremely easy to do.
It definitely looks re-cased. As such, you'd be better off contacting misters Lindstrom directly (you can tell them you're looking for an insurance appraisal) or take it to an established jeweller in your hometown do an appraisal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts