WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, sorry for lack of photos. My PC is unable to upload. Take a quick look on google for some images of the LLD.
I had been looking at the LLD for over six months- the style just looked so super cool. Funny, because I am not into vintage watches at all. But this one just had a great look and I loved the material strap, which is said to be completely waterproof (see previous thread).
So in July, I went for it.
But the way, the LLD box is incredible- it's huge! I could write a whole review about the box! A masterpiece.
So, my comments on the piece itself. At 42mm, with a slim strap, it is not huge but, since there is no outer bezel, it is quite a nice size. I wear mine to work with a suit- I think it looks absolutely classic with a suit or with a jacket. The double crowns give it a nice sporty feel at the same time. As per my previous thread, I am considering wearing it to the beach and ocean in April.
I have to say that the LLD is easily the most comfortable watch I own. The strap is just fantastic for comfort. I love the winged hourglass on the buckle.
But the most impressive aspect of the LLD is the quality and feel. I bought this piece because I was on a budget. I really wanted a panerai but I am not in panerai price range yet. For the price, the LLD offered a beautiful quality that feels like a piece three times the price! Photos do not do it justice- you have to see one to appreciate the details.
After about 4 months, my LLD is running about 13 seconds fast per day. Not great. But not terrible. In real practical terms, it's fine. The sweeping seconds hand moves with a beautiful smoothe movement.
Te LLD can be used for diving and dressed up with a suit, giving it real versatility. But it has a very unique look that will really help you stand out in any setting. All this at a reasonable price.
So there's my two cents on the LLD.
If you are considering buying one, I hope this helps. Mine has gotten a lot admiration from some real watch snobs, too!
Cheers

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I completely forgot to mention the domed sapphire. It is really a superb feature of the LLD. Also, the inner bezel curves upward inside the sapphire, which adds a nice style and quality to the piece. As I say, if money had been no object I would have bought a Panerai PAM00351. But, for the price, the LLD offers style, quality and a real uniqueness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.