WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm a long time poster at Watchuseek but have just recently found this forum and this one in particular piqued my interest. Due to recent money increases my budget for watches has increased. Because of this I'm beginning to look at watches in the 2-400 range instead of the >$100 range. I keep being drawn to Invicta, while some of their designs are very similar to other brands, I see that they are becoming their own company that seems to be going upmarket in a hurry. One in particular that is really catching my eye is the 4475, which is their Swiss Pro Diver 43mm 300m wr. Basically, because many on the forums I visit, I have seen a strong anti-invicta bias and thought I'd try to find the other side of the argument. I've owned 2 Invictas that were around the $100 range and to be honest I wasn't that thrilled with them. But looking at some of their more mid-range pieces, it appears they have really kicked up their quality quite a bit. To those who have more experience with their mid and high range pieces, are they good values for the money? To those who own the 9937 or any of the 47** series, what are your comments and opinions? Finally, does anyone have any wrist shots of the larger 47** series divers? I'm mainly liking the black MOP/ Gunmetal model, which I think is 4475 but I've also seen a similar looking model, 4473.

Thanks Guys!:thumbup:

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Hi nickdolin and welcome to the Original Invicta Forum. For information, conversation, and some bad jokes, you have come to the right place.

I personally think that Invicta has some of the best bang for the buck of any watch company out there. And yes, while there are still many low end Invicta watches in the catalog, the company is going a bit up-market with the new Reserve Collection. Many of the regulars here that have purchased Reserve watches have noted an increase in quality although there have been a few hiccups with the line.

Visit here and others will post some pix for you. You can also visit the websites of our sponsors to see pix of models in which you may be interested. Links are at the top of the IF in the form of ad banners. Just click you'll be taken right to their websites.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rusty,

I gave in and ordered the 4475 with the Black MOP dial and Gun Metal Finish. I used the ShopNBC 15% off coupon which brought it down to $297 with shipping. I just find it hard to believe that I could find another Swiss Made 300m automatic with a Sapphire Crystal (dual?), very nice MOP dial, thick bracelet, and some of the nicest caseback designs around.

I feel that invicta is paying for some past mistakes, meaning their watches aren't selling as well as they should be, but this is an advantage for us. Looking at many of their models it really looks like they are trying to become a very serious watch company.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I feel that invicta is paying for some past mistakes, meaning their watches aren't selling as well as they should be, but this is an advantage for us. Looking at many of their models it really looks like they are trying to become a very serious watch company.
If you can believe this years sales figures (1.7m), I'd say they are doing quite well. :001_smile:

Welcome to WTF by the way!

Dave

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you can believe this years sales figures (1.7m), I'd say they are doing quite well. :001_smile:

Welcome to WTF by the way!

Dave
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I'd say overall they sell quantity but I guess I should have made what I was trying to say clearer. Because of some of the issues some have had in the past, the prices Invicta's sell at are lower than they otherwise would be. They are selling well but it isn't uncommon to see them going for low low prices. Just looking at the 4475 or 4469 online makes me :drool: and I don't imagine getting that same quality any where else for near the price I paid.

It wasn't too long ago that finding an all Swiss Made Invicta was somewhat rare although my study into the company isn't extensive. It just seems that this may be the best time to buy nice mid-high range Invicta's because they are moving up market and if they have indeed improved their quality, the prices will eventually rise. These are my perceptions I hope they do not disappoint me. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah! Triton you spelled it wrong! It's ok, the more common spelling of Dolin is Dolan or Dolen or even Dolon. I pick on my wife because she had a common last name and now she will have to get used to spelling her new name to everyone for the rest of her life! lol

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
Ah! Triton you spelled it wrong! It's ok, the more common spelling of Dolin is Dolan or Dolen or even Dolon. I pick on my wife because she had a common last name and now she will have to get used to spelling her new name to everyone for the rest of her life! lol
Mr. Dolin, I'm sorry,I should have referred back to your post:blush:
Talk to you soon buddy:thumbup1:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No secret to the fund increase really. I just recently graduated college so now I have a real job, and soon the wife will too. So instead of living on a college kid's budget, I'm on a workin' man's budget! (Insert hearty laugh here). Anyway, I just have more dispensable income now. Don't let it bother ya Triton, I was just messin with ya. I'll be honest, I've had 2 of Invicta's lower end offerings before a lot of their nicer Swiss Mades came out and I wasn't impressed. Now that I know more, and have more dough... their designs and specs are just too hard to pass up at the prices they are selling at. I just ordered a 4469 for $297. :). And at $300 I'm expecting a bit more out of them than what I got out of their roughly $100 watches.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome Nikdolin to the Invicta forum.Also congratulations on the watch and graduation.In the future you might look into the Reserve Speedway.Many
members including myself own one or more and all the reviews to my knowledge is wow what a watch.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you don't mind my asking, what is special about that model? I see that it looks solid like a brick but, what movement is it? Are they well priced? What is it that makes people on here want it?

·
Registered
547 Posts
nice watch

Just rec'd. invicta 4469 for x-mas and could not be happier well made watch solid throughout, mop dial real stands out with the right light, nice heavy bracelet very nice watch and swiss made at this price, when you get yours you'll know what i'm talking about, enjoy.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Auto, I'm getting the feeling I made a good choice and the price couldn't be beat with a stick. I'm sure you all have gotten lower but I feel that with the 15% off coupon I shouldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Welcome to The Original Invicta Forum nickdolin. I own the 4473 and it is absolutely stunning. The gunmetal finish is hot! You will be very happy with your 4469.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts