Votes: 19 61.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.2%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you say it, I know there are other strap material options like ostrich, buffalo, and even chicken skin - but let's stick to the 3 most common options. Which is your preference for either a vintage or modern watch?

Cast a vote and make a post with an explanation. I'll even allow you bracelet fanatics to have an out with the 'other' option.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Croc/gator seems to add a little class to a watch. That's my first choice for a dress watch unless it's a very thin one, then it seems lizard or leather works better.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
With vintage or new "dress" watch I'd prefer gator/croc when/if the orig metal isn't available. But I don't usually wear those so for me there's another couple of combinations: vintage leather on new, vintage leather on vintage :biggrin:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Croc for me - same reasons as mentioned by Dennis, IMO this type makes any dress watch more classy. BTW, I'm looking for the right croc to use on my Omega Speedy; suggestions anyone? :mellow:

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I selected "Other"

Vintage watches look great on lizard. The first strap I purchased for my two Seamasters was a brown Teju:

However, I do love some gator and croco to "dress up" my watches. The different color variations & grain patterns offer such unique looks:

Black is about as classy as it gets for vintage, I think:

Nothing wrong with pushing the color envelope for a modern piece:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I voted for leather, but I really like the look and feel of Buffalo.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
New Hadley Roma croc for my freshly serviced 1969 Seamaster cal. 751:

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have a leather strap that doesnt need a tool to install...inside the springbar area there is a little nub that protrudes so you can use a thumbnail to help install it.

anyone know what this feature is called?

i like it.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
i have a leather strap that doesnt need a tool to install...inside the springbar area there is a little nub that protrudes so you can use a thumbnail to help install it.

anyone know what this feature is called?

i like it.
I've heard them called quick-release, lever and pegged, spring bars.
A tool is available to cut the hole in the strap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts