WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Chris,

I went to wind and set my 1 month old M24 today and it seemed like the crown stripped the threads. I certainly did not mis-treat the crown or the watch. I have many, many watches, and have collected for years, so I take tender care of them. However, now the crown doesn’t tighten, but just turns on the stem.

1) I presume that I can return the watch to get fixed. Your customer service is absolutely unmatched in the business. 2) Has this been a recurring issue?

PS: Can’t wait to get the M61 and M62. The blue dial looks awesome.

Thank you, Bruce

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issue with your M24! I've got an M25 and I know I'd be quite sad if that happened to my crown. :scared:

I'd suggest emailing [email protected]. It would most likely net the fastest response.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dear Chris,

I went to wind and set my 1 month old M24 today and it seemed like the crown stripped the threads. I certainly did not mis-treat the crown or the watch. I have many, many watches, and have collected for years, so I take tender care of them. However, now the crown doesn’t tighten, but just turns on the stem.

1) I presume that I can return the watch to get fixed. Your customer service is absolutely unmatched in the business. 2) Has this been a recurring issue?

PS: Can’t wait to get the M61 and M62. The blue dial looks awesome.

Thank you, Bruce
Bruce, I had the same (or similar) problem. I scored my M25 pre-owned. As far as I can tell, I was the third owner. I'm very gentle with my watches and tools and toys. I'm quite certain I didn't do any damage to mine, but whatever the case...The watch stem action (when screwing it down), never felt quite right to me from the start of my ownership... and I soon realized it was damaged. The crown would (seemingly) screw down but never tighten... just spin around. It's an easy fix and not a big deal at all.

LT will email you a .pdf form to fill-out and mail in w/ watch head only... no straps, original box or papers need be sent back.

Repairs to mine were pretty quick, and not much more than $60.00 for parts and labor. Yours should be about the same, more or less... or maybe they'll do yours for free. (Mine was out of warranty)... and besides, it's a good opportunity to get the watch re-timed if necessary. They did a fine job fixing mine and I'm sure the same issue won't happen again. I just wish they timed mine better... but that's another story. :) No worries man! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Milkplus, I wondered if anybody else had experienced this problem. Also didn’t think. Taking 800’s advice, I emailed directly and Chris answered immediately and will take care of issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts