WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 11 year old son to the annual (well it's the 2nd time so I guess a tradition has started) lighting of the Telecom Xmas tree in town last Saturday. Grabbed the camera to practice some night shots as I'm pretty inexperienced (since it's often too cold to be outside at night - I'm not that hardcore a photographer :blush:). Here are some of the results, cropped and sized for upload to the forum (it removes the exif data among other things but I keep the originals if I need to refer back to any settings):

Arrived at the park while it was still fairly light - there wasn't any cloud cover so the lighting was delayed a bit while it got darker.

Much darker, almost time. Shame about the lamp in the foreground but it was the best overall view from this position.

And the lights go on.... The tree lights are controlled electronically with various patterns which you can login to a website and program yourself, pretty cool idea.

I was able to get into the base of the tree to get some shots looking up.

The lights on top matched the display put on by the tree

A final shot then it was time to leave (but not until my son had one of the free ice creams being given out for the event :thumbup1:)

We both enjoyed the event, and I'm glad I got the chance to do it before he's too old for these things (the teenage years are just around the corner....)

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently there's a website you can program your own light shows into the tree - the website then tells you what time your show will be on so you can visit and enjoy your creation :thumbup1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.